Happy Birthday…

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Otter : Flounder, you can't spend your whole life worrying about your mistakes! You ****** up... you trusted us! Hey, make the best of it! Maybe we can help.

Flounder : [crying] That's easy for you to say! What am I going to tell Fred?

Otter : I'll tell you what. We'll tell Fred you were doing a great job taking care of his car, but you parked it out back last night and this morning... it was gone. We report it as stolen to the police. D-Day takes care of the wreck. Your brother's insurance company buys him a new car.

Flounder : Will that work?

Otter : Hey, it's gotta work better than the truth.

Bluto : [thrusting six-pack into Flounder's hands] My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Otter : Better listen to him, Flounder, he's in pre-med.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
…Animal House.

Released 45 years ago today.

As a bonus…

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
If you like Animal House and Caddyshack, watch this movie about Doug Kenney, one of the main writers and founders of National Lampoon.

a futile and stupid gesture.png

Last edited:

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
One of the things John Landis did, was kept the Delta's and Omega's away from each other between takes and after shooting.

Had them build up cameraderie among themselves, and was easier for them to act out the animosity.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Interesting, have read a bunch on the backdrop but none of that. My favorite comedy and endless one liners I still use to this day.
My 2 favorite movies are always AH and A Few Good Men when asked. There might be something to that Kevin Bacon 6 degrees of separation thing.
Funny as well thinking back, I saw both with just my father in the theater. AH when I was home for the summer before my final semester at State (not sure he laughed a lot but didn't seem to object) and AFGM when my parents came to visit us 14 years later.

Is that a pledge pin on your uniform?!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login