Happy Endings down to ATL & NO…

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
GA boy going to leave the Saints and Panthers at the alter?

[TWEET]1504626831097487364[/TWEET]

msstate7

Nov 27, 2008
Ryan delayed his roster bonus till Tuesday. I think it comes down to if the falcons can find a trade partner for Ryan. If they trade Ryan, they get Watson. If they don't, saints. I think Watson wants falcons, which isn dumb BTW

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
As a Saints fan, no thanks. I’d rather roll the dice on tiny hands Kenny Pickett or Matt Corral than have Rapey McRaperson at QB.

patdog

May 28, 2007
It's funny, six months ago, the guy was untouchable. Today, nothing's changed, but suddenly he's in demand. The NFL has no morals at all.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Yeah. OJ was never convicted either. BTW, I fat fingered an upvote.

patdog

May 28, 2007
So why would no one touch Watson with a 20-foot pole 6 months ago then?

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
So why would no one touch Watson with a 20-foot pole 6 months ago then?

Because the price was substantial, and it was anyone’s guess what the legal and civil fallout was going to be. And even with all that, multiple teams still wanted him. But nobody was going to blow multiple first round picks on a dude who might go to prison.

Fast forward to now, the legal obstacles are completely gone, which means suspension by Goodell is the worst thing that any suitors have to worry about. And furthermore, the Texans HAVE to move him, because he’d be due $40 million to once again not play for them this season, as opposed to the $16 million they paid him last season. Other teams know this, which means the price will come down. All sides are going to be more willing to get it done now.

Last edited:

Emma’s Dad

May 5, 2021
He still has numerous civil suits pending that were filed by multiple women. Something unusual happened with that grand jury not returning indictments on the criminal charges. Watson is no different than Bill Cosby. It’ll catch up with him ultimately. Until then, the NFL will do as it always does—sweep things under the rug and make more money.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
As a Saints fan, you better hope that Watson doesn't go to ATL

As a Saints fan, no thanks. I’d rather roll the dice on tiny hands Kenny Pickett or Matt Corral than have Rapey McRaperson at QB.

Saints are a franchise headed back to the days of sub .500. ATL will be more of a destination for players and have shown more of a willings ness to deal. They will overtake the Saints

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
He can still be indicted by another grand jury not to mention 24 civil suits! 24 women with much the same stories?

He won’t be indicted under the current circumstances. They already declined to indict on 9 of the 10 complaints, and the prosecution felt the 10th was so weak that they did not even present it to the grand jury.

The 24 civil suits are still a thing. Its very much he said vs. she said for those. Consensual contact or not will be the question. Motive will obviously be a heavy consideration and target for Watson’s attorneys to try and poke holes in the accuser’s stories, considering Watson’s profile. But in any case, he’s probably looking at a max of 6 game suspension or thereabouts, following past precedent with Big Ben and Zeke.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login