Hard for me to take......

josebrown

Aug 4, 2008
SEC Now show seriously when their analysts don't include ANY one of....... Fletcher Cox, Chris Jones, or Jeffrey Simmons on their All-Time SEC interior DL team.
And Chris Jones just came in number 10 for NFL all watever overall player. Whatever the crawl has been announcing the top 100 players. Even if it’s one year or one century, he was named number 10 overall. But not in the SEC for d linemen. All news is fake, even sports. Matt Wyatt said we had 4 players in that top 20 including Dak and Big Play Slay. He wasn’t sure if Cox or Simmons was the other one to make the list.

Just going off college though, Simmons, to me, was the most dominant. But all 3 were tremendous and Preston Smith was pretty dang good too, with an NFL career as well.

If we keep turning out great NFL d linemen, of which, we have a slew of them in the league, at some point they gonna be noted for the players they were in the SEC.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
One would think that our professional DL and DBs alone would be "enough said" to get pretty much our pick of these Mississippi recruits. How many DL has OM put in the league and to what level of success. Or DBs. Maybe I'm just a Homer and don't know their successes but I can't think of any

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
SEC Network = Bama Network. Wonder how Texas is going to take that.
Considering Texas will be in the SEC and will also have the largest market share of audience, I'd imagine SECN will quickly be covering Texas as much as LSU/UGA/Bama. Unless there's some non compete with the Longhorn network

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
Saw the show the other day and had a smile on my face waiting for them to announce the all-time defense. When the names came up on the screen I about threw up in my mouth when none of our defensive guys showed up. I think about 4 teams showed up on their list, mostly Bama boys. Totally ridiculous. Watched SEC Now for a hour & a half and never saw MSU mentioned at all. We are still in the SEC, aren't we??? But this is no surprise, it's the same every year (except maybe 2014).

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
they cater to what the largest # of fans want to hear. Bama, you are great. Georgia you are great. LSU you are great. That's how you keep the largest number of mind numb idiots plugged in.
kind of like your local and national news shows.

Reactions: onewoof

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
People still sit down and watch sports news/opinion shows?
Huh, wild.
I used to watch Skip and Shannon. Sharpe has some good takes. Skip is and will always be a clown shoes troll. Just like Cowturd.

Most shows are terrible.

Disney thinks people want big personalities on every show on their networks. They are desperate to recreate the magic of John Madden/Lee Corso/Stuart Scott/Chris Berman. But people just want a talking head that actually loves the sport enough to know about the teams. That's what made those guys so good, their knowledge in addition their expertise.

This cram sesh, pop-quiz, repeat the grade type of ******** ignorance that has been pretty much every "analyst" that is forced to talk about any team not bama/uga/lsu has been a decade of embarrassment as a sports fan.

It's sad that they can't even bother to learn about the 14 teams they have to cover

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Biased obviously. Not sure how you could name a better DL than any one of those. Is that not three best 5 in the NFL ? At least.
While they are all monsters and were/are elite in the NFL, there have been many comparable, elite players in the SEC. Jevon Kearse, Clowney, Glen Dorsey, Will Anderson, Miles Garrett just off the top of my head.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Considering Texas will be in the SEC and will also have the largest market share of audience, I'd imagine SECN will quickly be covering Texas as much as LSU/UGA/Bama. Unless there's some non compete with the Longhorn network
Read a long article on the LHN this morning and it goes away next year so prepare to be even further relegated to the bottom of SECN. OK going to suck a lot of oxygen as well. Just win baby, all we can control and do about it.

Reactions: ChinaDawgSunflower

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
They put in Nick Fairly of Aubarn, and Quinnen Williams of BAMA, plus one from LSU. Simmons is as good or better than any one of them. Don't get me even started on comparing Cox & Jones vs anyone of the others. I would even argue those 3 from MSU are the 3 best EVER. Maybe, the only one I would put ahead of our 3 would be Reggie White of UT.....and they didn't even sniff him!

Last edited:

MagnoliaHunter

Jan 23, 2007
SEC Now show seriously when their analysts don't include ANY one of....... Fletcher Cox, Chris Jones, or Jeffrey Simmons on their All-Time SEC interior DL team.

Chris Doering had his all-time SEC East team and Herschel Walker was not the running back.

maroonfriday

Jun 4, 2020
That's just downright STUPID. Walker would have been my first pick, then Bo Jackson.
Neither of those guys played football in the SEC East. It wasn't a thing until the 90s
And if they did play, Jackson would've been in the West anyway

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
People still sit down and watch sports news/opinion shows?
Huh, wild.
Haha, I can't believe any State fan would waste their time watching an SEC discussion on ESPN or SEC network unless the program was interviewing someone from State. Our demographics are so small that we are considered the land mass between Alabama and Louisiana.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
They put in Nick Fairly of Aubarn, and Quinnen Williams of BAMA, plus one from LSU. Simmons is as good or better than any one of them. Don't get me even started on comparing Cox & Jones vs anyone of the others. I would even argue those 3 from MSU are the 3 best EVER. Maybe, the only one I would put ahead of our 3 would be Reggie White of UT.....and they didn't even sniff him!
Henderson has better stats than any of them. Was the Outland trophy winner and two time all American. Reggie White was a DE, was it interior DL or any DL. If it’s DE’s David Pollack has the most absurd stats of any SEC DL and has to be the clear #1.

MagnoliaHunter

Jan 23, 2007
Neither of those guys played football in the SEC East. It wasn't a thing until the 90s
And if they did play, Jackson would've been in the West anyway
I think he had other players on the team from before there was actually and SEC east though. Maybe I was mistaken.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login