Hardy performing at Dudy Noble

WrightGuy821

Mar 13, 2019
Hardy's last concert of his tour was Saturday night in Biloxi and he mentioned that he's going to be doing more shows in MS asap, and the next time we see him may be in Dudy Noble. Would the University pursue him as a baseball intermission this season similar to the one they put on last year? Or does his brand make him less appealing to the university?

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
Hardy's last concert of his tour was Saturday night in Biloxi and he mentioned that he's going to be doing more shows in MS asap, and the next time we see him may be in Dudy Noble. Would the University pursue him as a baseball intermission this season similar to the one they put on last year? Or does his brand make him less appealing to the university?

Interesting question. I don’t know if his brand makes him less appealing to the University, but I could imagine a scenario in which the administration says “hey don’t play the songs where you scream the F word” and him telling them where to stick it.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Interesting question. I don’t know if his brand makes him less appealing to the University, but I could imagine a scenario in which the administration says “hey don’t play the songs where you scream the F word” and him telling them where to stick it.
"... and leave Morgan Wallen at home."

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012

Maybe he was saying the next time he will be back in MS to watch a baseball game at the Dude

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Is he popular?

z nation doc GIF by SYFY

OF COURSE State would welcome him.

Geez…

Common sense here, guys…

He ain’t gonna sing to or for you daddies and papaws…

HARDY is for the Children. ($1 to Wu-Tang Clan)

WrightGuy821

Mar 13, 2019
Is he popular?

z nation doc GIF by SYFY

Geez…

Common sense here, guys…

I want this to be true, but a lot of old farts with a lot of money would be appalled when he says 17 that, and 17 you on stage

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
does he have pride in Miss State or will he refer us to his high school?

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
He is from Philadelphia Ms and at least half the time you see him he is wearing State gear. Just a regular dude but he does sing some songs that folks might not like. The middle finger is how he waves at the crowd. He is talented. He has won awards. Check out " wait in the truck", " Blurry" and " kill **** til I die". He is pro gun to say the least. Loves to fish

Last edited:

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
He is from Philadelphia Ms and at least half the time you see him he is wearing State gear. Just a regular dude but he does sing some songs that folks might not like. The middle finger is how he waves at the crowd. He is talented. He has won awards. Check out " wait in the truck", " Blurry" and " kill **** til I die". He is pro gun to say the least. Loves to fish

Happy to hear it, and I'll give him a listen next time I'm tired of listening to the same **** I listened to in college.

I'm very up on today's music...***

Reactions: skydawg1

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
I absolutely love Hardy. He’s a huge MSU fan which is great. I got to meet him in Omaha and like others stated he’s just a down to earth guy. I’d love for him to hold a concert in Davis Wade. It would sell out in minutes.

PapaDawg

Nov 19, 2014
I went to high school with Hardy’s Dad. Hardy’s Dad is a great guy and he loves rock-n-roll and MSU. He is also a member of the Davis-Wade chain gang.
It has been fun to watch Hardy go from a local songwriter, move Nashville and rise through the song writing ranks into a full fledged headline entertainer. Everybody doesn’t like the same music. Mississippi boy doing good. You guys should be proud for him.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
If others want to hang out after a baseball game and pay to see him to benefit NIL, fine. I'll pass though, Bro Country just doesn't do it for me

Reactions: Studentdawg06

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
Fantastic but you know what would be really cool?
A winning baseball team taking the field in Dudy Noble and it not be the opposition

Office Space GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Nov 20, 2023
Is he popular?

z nation doc GIF by SYFY

Geez…

Common sense here, guys…

Wu-Tang Clan ain’t nothin to 17 with! Lol but in all sincerity I agree with your post completely as I don’t see us turning him down. These are College Kids mostly and younger he’s performing for

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Would you rather us dig tom Pettys corpse and plan "I won't back down" for a 17'n hour straight?
Nah, "Bro", Petty was only 66 when he took one too many oxy's. I'm more in the Stones age group, Micks already 80, Keith will be in about a week, Ron's a mere 76.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I despise bro country but gave Hardy a shot since we are both from Neshoba County. He isn't bro country.

I'm happy for him since he's a Mississippi dude and State fan. This is the first song of his I've listened to.

Not my thing.

It's definitely a formula that seems pretty simple to me, but I might be missing it...

Country voice that converts to some kind of grunge growl, combo of country humility and hip hop arrogance and just a general fusion of country, hip hop and rock to appeal to the largest possible audience.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Hardy is a big deal now. He has a gigantic photo on the side of the Country Music HOF in Nashville. It would cool if he played Dudy Noble. However I bet he could sell out DWS at this point in his career. He puts on a great show.

They could have a midweek show at The Hump and he would absolutely sell it out.

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
Hardy is a big deal now. He has a gigantic photo on the side of the Country Music HOF in Nashville. It would cool if he played Dudy Noble. However I bet he could sell out DWS at this point in his career. He puts on a great show.

They could have a midweek show at The Hump and he would absolutely sell it out.
He’d sell out Davis Wade in 10 minutes. If you weren’t lucky enough to get a presale code you probably wouldn’t get a ticket.

WrightGuy821

Mar 13, 2019
He’d sell out Davis Wade in 10 minutes. If you weren’t lucky enough to get a presale code you probably wouldn’t get a ticket.
I have no doubt that he could sell it out. He's great, but I don't know if the university would be too fond of him and his image

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
I would imagine that a simple request could be made to Not Scream the F word and I bet he would follow it, for the most part.

Reactions: Air Raid
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login