Harvey Hull

AROB44

Mar 20, 2008
So saddened to hear of the passing of Harvey “the headhunter” Hull. No. 99 was one of MSU football’s very best. I was proud to know him. I have some really good memories of Harvey with me and my late brother. RIP Harvey....you were one of the best.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Damn. I loved watching him play. He was a very talented and tough "old school" run stopper who brought it on every play. Great player and a great guy. R.I.P. Harvey

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
So saddened to hear of the passing of Harvey “the headhunter” Hull. No. 99 was one of MSU football’s very best. I was proud to know him. I have some really good memories of Harvey with me and my late brother. RIP Harvey....you were one of the best.

Ouch, this one hurts.

3 time All SEC. 2nd team All American as a senior in 1976.

I'm pretty sure the 1st MSU game I ever attended was with my Dad as an 8 year old in 1976. Homecoming, Cal Poly Pomona.

38 to Nuthin.

Still remember that score on the old scoreboard clearly.

Harvey Hull was my daddy's favorite MSU player, so Harvey Hull was my favorite MSU player.

My very first favorite MSU player.

RIP Harvey...

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
I remember a game (maybe against Bama) where Hull burst through the line and intercepted a toss to the back and rambled for a TD. He was a great bulldog. RIP

Reunion Dog

Aug 26, 2012
I was there. It was in Jackson for the nite double header they use to do with Old Piss. He was a Stud!

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Ouch, this one hurts.

I'm pretty sure the 1st MSU game I ever attended was with my Dad as an 8 year old in 1976. Homecoming, Cal Poly Pomona.

38 to Nuthin.

Harvey Hull was my daddy's favorite MSU player, so Harvey Hull was my favorite MSU player.

RIP Harvey...

Coming from someone whose father sucks, thank god everyday for the dad He gave you

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Coming from someone whose father sucks, thank god everyday for the dad He gave you

I am thankful, and much more aware now that it's not as common as I thought as a kid.

Sorry you didn't/don't have that. He wasn't perfect, but he loved us and showed it easily.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
I am thankful, and much more aware now that it's not as common as I thought as a kid.

Sorry you didn't/don't have that. He wasn't perfect, but he loved us and showed it easily.

HailStout, I too am sorry.

She Mate Me, I am thankful for my dad too. Growing up, he was my hero . . . and he still is.

If I live to be 100 years old, I will never forget pitching the baseball with my dad under the trees in our front yard.

Just about every warm afternoon that I didn't have a game . . . for years as I grew up . . . he'd grab the catcher's mitt, I'd grab my glove, and we'd practice my pitching. We'd also play pepper to work on my fielding. I can't remember a single time him ever saying, "We can't throw today. I don't have time." Him spending that time with me was/is so special to me.

To all fathers out there reading this (including myself): be sure to actively participate in your child's life; be sure to spend time with your child; be sure to make your child feel loved, valued and appreciated. Your child will never forget it.

LexSCDOG

Aug 5, 2014
i was there my first game was 74 Auburn in Jackson. I have the program from that 38-0(as I do all others back then).

Ouch, this one hurts.

38 to Nuthin.

RIP Harvey...

was21

May 29, 2007
Sounds like a life well lived....and that's about as good as it gets....RIP HH

dudehead

Jul 9, 2006
Never will forget his high top black cleats. One of my all time favorite players.

That was the first thing that came to mind when I saw this news: his high top jet black cleats. He was a wrecking ball and a joy to watch play.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login