Has NIL Turned the Tide??

Dawgbyte75

May 1, 2021
Has the NIL diluted Bama’s starter/depth talent just enough to bring them back to earth a little? Is this the beginning of the end for Saban?

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Nope... they have poor oc and DC.

If Auburn does not hire Freeze.... Saban will. He has already tried and the SEC blocked the hire.

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
I think transfer portal has more than NIL. I thought transfer portal, despite its flaws, was going to bring more parity to college football and we are kinda seeing that. Bama use to stock pile 4 and 5 starts that would get buried on their depth chart and now those guys are just transferring to start somewhere else. We would never be able to sign guys like Marcus Banks, Jalen Greene, or Justin Robinson out of high school but yet we can through the portal. Also Bama looks average right now at WR. Wouldn’t be shocked if saban hits the portal for several WR this year

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Has the NIL diluted Bama’s starter/depth talent just enough to bring them back to earth a little? Is this the beginning of the end for Saban?
They are about to be dealing with draft eligible players opting to sit rather than risk injury. Despite looking like werewolves with chainsaw dicks against us on defense, they are much softer than the past.

Reactions: Wesson Bulldog

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

If Auburn does not hire Freeze.... Saban will. He has already tried and the SEC blocked the hire.
Freeze gonna leave that high paying head coach job to be Alabamas offensive coordinator?

Reactions: onewoof

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009

So Freeze is going to walk away from a $5M/year job that already gives him plenty of exposure?

Reactions: WilCoDawg

Dawgbyte75

May 1, 2021
Great point about the transfer portal. That + NIL + expanded playoff should make for some exciting postseason play.

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
Great point about the transfer portal. That + NIL + expanded playoff should make for some exciting postseason play.
12 team playoff with the first round on campus is going to be incredible. Just hope we can be a part of it because making a 12 team playoff is a realistic goal

Dawgbyte75

May 1, 2021
12 team playoff with the first round on campus is going to be incredible. Just hope we can be a part of it because making a 12 team playoff is a realistic goal
Agree 100%, and any interviewing MSU AD candidate should present their plan on how to make this a realistic goal

Reactions: SchrodingersDawg

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
College football is ruined. This model is unsustainable. We all love the sport so much that we turn a blind eye to what’s happening. We try to rationalize what going on and make believe that the sport will remain something we recognize but the cats out of the bag.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I think a lot of game has changed in last few years snd Saban has had a hard time adjusting. I bet he retires soon. Guys like him and leach are dinosaurs now. Guys like Kirby Kiffin and Kelly have embraced the portal, nil, and the culture around the players these days. I think saban is getting left behind. His luster is wearing off for recruits and program prestige isn't what it was 5 years ago.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login