Has there not been a thread discussing the new Ticket Exchange?

MStateDawg

Aug 3, 2021
Got this email over the weekend announcing a new DogTag to SeatGeek integration for ticket holders who would like to sell unused football tickets. They've had a system like this using StubHub for baseball tickets for years and it's been very good. It appears as if this will work the same. You log into your DogTag account and select the tickets you aren't planning on using. You then click a sell button where you're transferred to the SeatGeek site (you'll need a SeatGeek account) to set your asking price & post the tickets. Tickets are sold thru their site and you never have to deal with the buyer (haggling prices, requesting payment, transferring tickets, etc) and you'll receive your payment within 48 hours of the game's completion.

I will use this option 100% of the time over those damned Facebook marketplace sites.

TicketExchange.jpg

1690820325742.png

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
I noticed it the other day and mentioned it in a thread before the email came out. I know I’ve never sold on seat geek. Don’t think I’ve ever bought from there either? Wonder how the fees compare to stubhub? I’d have just as soon it stayed with stubhub. They seem to be the most widely used and not sure how well our fan base will adapt to seat geek. maybe that’s part of the thought process, seat geek isn’t as big of a competitor to the State ticket office as Stubhub?

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Is seatgeek becoming more popular? I've always used stubhub and never had a problem. Just always assumed they were the #1 site for reselling tickets. Guess it's just another app I'll have to download and create an account for. If fewer people use seatgeek, I do worry it's going to be harder to sell tickets if the site gets less traffic.

I will say when looking at seatgeek, I do like that their maps show the row numbers vs. stubhub which doesn't. Kind of helps to know, if I'm buying tickets on "row 25" of section 4, is that middle, top, bottom? Some stadiums will have lower rows with letters, then switch to numbers so you never know. Row 1 could be the actual 11th row.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I noticed it the other day and mentioned it in a thread before the email came out. I know I’ve never sold on seat geek. Don’t think I’ve ever bought from there either? Wonder how the fees compare to stubhub? I’d have just as soon it stayed with stubhub. They seem to be the most widely used and not sure how well our fan base will adapt to seat geek. maybe that’s part of the thought process, seat geek isn’t as big of a competitor to the State ticket office as Stubhub?
Seat Geek is becoming more popular. I’ve used it a few times. I think there fees are lower than stubhub. I try never to use stubhub if possible.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login