Has will grown physically at all at MSU?

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I looked at the rosters from 2020 to now. He was listed as 6-2 205 on 2020. He was 6-2 210 in 21 and 22. Now he is 6-2 215. All this time it does not seem he has worked on his strength at all. Human growth from 19 to 23 should show some sort of filling out. He looks basically the same to me. He is absolutely no threat to run the ball and in 4 years here has done nothing to try an prove anything different. That is fine as long as you understand that. Tom Brady was not running RPOs. Our coaches should understand that the defense understands that also. So when it is third and 1 and you have Will in the game your options are to do a straight handoff or play action pass. That's it. No snap the ball to the running QB to hand it to Will who then does a double reverse pitch to a player coming the other way. NO ONE IS GOING TO FOLLOW WILL. He can RPO all day and NO ONE IS GOING TO THINK HE IS GOING TO KEEP IT. The last play with a fake to Woody and then screen opposite is an actual play that can trick the defense.

At least it seems that Arnett understands what a horrible coaching job they did today.

StumpNewGround

Dec 9, 2022
I looked at the rosters from 2020 to now. He was listed as 6-2 205 on 2020. He was 6-2 210 in 21 and 22. Now he is 6-2 215. All this time it does not seem he has worked on his strength at all. Human growth from 19 to 23 should show some sort of filling out. He looks basically the same to me. He is absolutely no threat to run the ball and in 4 years here has done nothing to try an prove anything different. That is fine as long as you understand that. Tom Brady was not running RPOs. Our coaches should understand that the defense understands that also. So when it is third and 1 and you have Will in the game your options are to do a straight handoff or play action pass. That's it. No snap the ball to the running QB to hand it to Will who then does a double reverse pitch to a player coming the other way. NO ONE IS GOING TO FOLLOW WILL. He can RPO all day and NO ONE IS GOING TO THINK HE IS GOING TO KEEP IT. The last play with a fake to Woody and then screen opposite is an actual play that can trick the defense.

At least it seems that Arnett understands what a horrible coaching job they did today.
Not a lot of arguing with this post I see.

Yep. The OC called a great play at the right time to win the game. True.

His play calling through regulation also put him in position to have to do that.

Figure out who you are. Pick your horse and ride it.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012

Need to get on the riods.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Reminds me of the little scrawny kid from the little giants
little giants GIF

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006

I don't mean this to be a shot at Will, I really dont... but even when we do eventually fake out the world and decide to let Will keep it, I give us around a 25% of converting against open grass. He's definitely not entirely unathletic, but he has got to be one of the most awkward runners, with or without the ball, that I have ever seen on a football field. It really is like a young fawn trying to walk for the first time

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
I had a pic of me in May senior year. 50 pounds lighter than I was a year later.

I dont know that I added 10 pounds the entire time at state. Metabolism was through the roof.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008

He will be a helluva football coach with male pattern baldness.

Nov 25, 2019
I don't mean this to be a shot at Will, I really dont... but even when we do eventually fake out the world and decide to let Will keep it, I give us around a 25% of converting against open grass. He's definitely not entirely unathletic, but he has got to be one of the most awkward runners, with or without the ball, that I have ever seen on a football field. It really is like a young fawn trying to walk for the first time
he knows it too. One coach told me preseason that Will could really run. I hope he can this weekend.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login