Hats off to Lee Swindle...

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
for giving us a chance to win this game. And hats off to Ron Polk for continuing to leave pitchers out there too long.

Our bats are just pathetic.

cottondistrictdawg

Mar 3, 2008
lee definately gave us a chance but once again it appears the bats didnt back up the pitcher. by the way talking about polk leaving pitchers too long, i have heard that pigott's 123 pitch performance against baylor was ONLY supposed to go 90, hence the arm problems. Thanks again for nothing polk.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
At least someone has stepped up along with Bowen. We'll see how he follows up his performance tommorrow.

Also, it's good to see that Whitney has pitched pretty well his last two outings. He could add much needed depth to the bullpen, and maybe even start some down the road.

Feb 23, 2008
and Wells abusing pitcher's arms when Polk isn't a damn bit better. Weatherford hasn't been right since he's been here. Don't know what the deal is with that guy. How you're supposedly 100% for the 1st time since being here, throw 4 innings and miss 4 weeks is beyond me. I'm no trainer but it doesn't take a braniac to know pitchers shouldn't be dropping like flies.
This team in general makes me sick. Dear God, let's hope we can keep basketball going.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
Bertman knew who he could ride and wasn't afraid to make a pitching change at any point in the game.

I will say that Polk is usually not known for abusing arms, and this is the first year that I've noticed that as well.

I think this is all probably going to come back to McNickle at the end of the year. I have heard some things about pitchers parents not being happy with how we treat pitchers- Weatherford's in particular.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
but I do know that after that thread, I thought to myself, "ya know, I can't remember seeing any of our pitchers being iced down since McNickle has been here." But that's not something you notice unless you are conciously looking for it, though.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login