Apr 1, 2011
In Mississippi’s last 6 games in the second half they have scored
FG
2 TD
FG
FG
2 TD
TD
Or 44 total points in the second half the last 6 games.
Or an average of 7 points in the second half.
Only scored in the 4th quarter in their last two games. The four before that were all in the 3rd q.
We start slow. They finish slow. Have to keep it close at the half and State can take this.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
It's about what defense shows up to play, not about those trends. The trends may play out, but there's little you can do to change that.

We will know which team will win within one quarter.

DAWGS1.sixpack

Feb 15, 2007
If we can play and have only 6 penalties or less, have 36 plus minutes of possession or more, have plus 1 or more in turnovers, and play even in the kicking game, we win this game by 10 or more points.
But we can’t come out and give them a early 2 score lead either.
I think of
They win the toss they will take the ball first but I’m not so sure if we do that we don’t give them the ball first and try and set the tone early on Defense knowing we get the ball to start the second half.

Feb 4, 2015
We absolutely need to come out and put the gas pedal to the floor and do not let off the gas. We start off slow too many times and I’ve watched a many of egg bowls and it doesn’t make a crap what the records are and what both teams have done all season. You can throw that crap out the window! I’m not going into this game saying we are going to kick their rear or any of that. Can we? Yes but let’s keep it real.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login