Have we EVER had an inning like that?

1993DawgAlum

Dec 30, 2018
9 runs scored by Mizzou…..never thought that inning would end. Scoreboard guy earning his money today. Bright side: that’s as bad as I think it will get. Mizzou hitting everything….MSU can’t get on base.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
More than a bunch of times. Just not this season.

9 runs scored by Mizzou…..never thought that inning would end. Scoreboard guy earning his money today. Bright side: that’s as bad as I think it will get. Mizzou hitting everything….MSU can’t get on base.

Between the mismanagement of our pitching and the godawful hitting, it’s a miracle that we have a winning record (for now).

Scottfield1

Nov 21, 2013
Glass half empty

Between the mismanagement of our pitching and the godawful hitting, it’s a miracle that we have a winning record (for now).

Are you referring to the pitching staff that’s down 3/4 of our best pitchers and the remaining staff that has won two of the last series or the hitters who have no heart, that have provided come from behind wins. The inning sucks but you and the dark clouds Monday morning qb’s fail in comparison to our players. The remaining pitchers and hitters who have shown heart, are the only reason State has a possibility of post season after all the injuries.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
TLDR, dickhead…

Are you referring to the pitching staff that’s down 3/4 of our best pitchers and the remaining staff that has won two of the last series or the hitters who have no heart, that have provided come from behind wins. The inning sucks but you and the dark clouds Monday morning qb’s fail in comparison to our players. The remaining pitchers and hitters who have shown heart, are the only reason State has a possibility of post season after all the injuries.

Blah, blah…. We let Sims blow his arm by throwing heat every pitch. And we can’t even harness the rest of our PG 10 pitchers (Fristoe, etc.) into being serviceable.

Take care. Or eat a dick. All the same to me.

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012

I don't know about exactly like that but Oklahoma beat our brains in during the Tallahassee regional in 2018, so it was a similar feeling.

Scottfield1

Nov 21, 2013
Raining

Blah, blah…. We let Sims blow his arm by throwing heat every pitch. And we can’t even harness the rest of our PG 10 pitchers (Fristoe, etc.) into being serviceable.

Take care. Or eat a dick. All the same to me.

I will let you take care of the eating dick, which you must think about a lot. Is this the same Sims the coaching staff over pitched to capture the National Championship and now they have forgotten how to manage a pitching staff? State was fortunate to avoid injuries last year and now the team has experienced the opposite. Perspective idiot. FYI….when fans say “WE” as they were a part of a team or decision is 17 ridiculous. Go play video games and try joining the real world.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Wow, TLDR again.

I will let you take care of the eating dick, which you must think about a lot. Is this the same Sims the coaching staff over pitched to capture the National Championship and now they have forgotten how to manage a pitching staff? State was fortunate to avoid injuries last year and now the team has experienced the opposite. Perspective idiot. FYI….when fans say “WE” as they were a part of a team or decision is 17 ridiculous. Go play video games and try joining the real world.

Grab some perspective and give it another shot. Or don’t?

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008

The worst part is that Mizzou would have beaten us even without the 9 run inning.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I hardly ever post a damn thing about baseball.

Attempt optics of what the program has accomplished on a National level over the last few years vs drinking to much over the agony of each game.

This program is not headed in a good direction, and without a discernible reason at this point. It’s one thing to lose key players, but we haven’t had anybody step up anywhere.

Take the first advice I gave you, cheesy poof. Eat a dick.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Nothing more pathetic than reading a grown man spill his wounded pride and dump on 20 year old young men.

Hug your natty champ blankey tonight and suck your thumb. You'll feel all better tomorrow.

Find a new hobby if that doesn't work.

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
Oh yes. Polk used to leave pitchers out there to die sometimes in a situation like today. I feared for John Lalor’s safety a few times.

But bullpen was full for the next game. Sooooo…

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
Nothing more pathetic than reading a grown man spill his wounded pride and dump on 20 year old young men.

Hug your natty champ blankey tonight and suck your thumb. You'll feel all better tomorrow.

That escalated quickly.

MagnoliaHunter

Jan 23, 2007
you should try posting even less about baseball cause its clear you're clueless.

This program is not headed in a good direction, and without a discernible reason at this point. It’s one thing to lose key players, but we haven’t had anybody step up anywhere.

Take the first advice I gave you, cheesy poof. Eat a dick.

Wow. Just wow.

Scottfield1

Nov 21, 2013
Pride

Perhaps you and your bestie could go cuddle up. The difference between a grown man and a child is I don’t attempt to control and understand aspects of life we can’t control. I will hug that National Championship with great pride and appreciate those players that earned it vs pieces of **** who’s lives are based on accomplishments they could never achieve themselves; hence, the ‘we’ they commonly refer in their post.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
This program is not headed in a good direction,

I mean... we’re less than a year removed from the National Championship. There’s only one direction to go from there...

Obviously, I mean the Continental Championship (Go to hell Ole Mexico!)

Followed by the World Championship
(Go to hell Ole Micronesia!)

Followed by the Solar Championship
(Go to hell Ole Mars!)

Followed by the Galactic Championship
(Go to hell Ole Monoceros!)

If Lemonis doesn’t have this team playing for the whole Universe (Go to hell Ole Messier 32!) by 2028, I’d say it’s time to cut bait.

Seriously though... hard to say “the program is not headed in a good direction” based on a one season letdown after the most successful season of any Mississippi State sport ever. If we’re still here lamenting that the team is fighting for a Regional spot at this time two years from now, then yeah, we’re not pointed in a good direction.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
Attempt optics of what the program has accomplished on a National level over the last few years vs drinking to much over the agony of each game.

Aren't you the same guy that told Bruce Castoria that he didn't have a clue what he was talking about last week? Yeah, you should probably sit out baseball discussions the rest of this year, at least.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login