Haven't seen this discussed

saddawg

Jun 25, 2006
Whether Garrett is worth a **** or not, Sly "Dr. Offense" Croom , in his mad genius offensive mind, chose not to sign a QB this year because Garrett was his for the taking next year. He will scramble to sign a non Ty Evans this year. I bitched about us not signing one this year and got poo-pooed that the savior from Tupelo was coming next year. I really think Russell is the best Jr QB in the state.We better hope we can get him. That said we passed on Greenlee from JA a couple of years ago and the kid from Leake this year. I know we got a walkon that has so far torched our probably 2nd and 3rd team D(God I hope it wasn't our 1st) but until he does it with the band playing, color me unimpressed. Look at Croom's QB signings. Carroll had a decent year, but he don't remind me of Joe Willie. Other than him, they might as well have signed my wore out arm self. This ain't about Garrett to me. I've already posted my I don't give a **** rant. This is about our football staff being ned in the primer when it come to offense. And it just keeps getting better, don't it.

Aug 20, 2006
1. Ive tried three times to reply to this post and the <17>ing Wonka *** keeps popping up telling me Yuku is performing maintenance. VERY ANNOYING!

2. This hammers home the point that we need to sign a QB every damn year. I really don't get our coaching staff sometimes. They have to know that LSU and Bama are just waiting to snatch up 80% of Mississippi's talent.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
I've stated that before and will do so again. You can't sit back and say "we'll sign some next year." We did that with running backs once upon a time and ended up with Brandon Thorton as our feature back with a freshman AD backing him up. Most people say QB is the hardest position to evaluate, and if that is so then we need to be signing players in that position regularly. We need to make sure that if we miss on some, or miss out on some, that we always have at least two QBs on roster that can be decent. It's tough for an SEC team to go an entire season without having the QB miss at least a little time with injury. Heck, LSU had to play the SEC CG with their backup. Thankfully for them that backup was a former #1 prospect. We had to hope every week that Wes wouldn't get hurt because that would mean putting 6 in there.</p>

thunderclap

Feb 25, 2008
is that not only have we lost a blue-chip QB that we had no business losing, but it again reminds us how negligent Croom has been in recruiting QBs in general. He's put all our eggs in this one basket and screwed us again. When the hell is he gonna learn about recruiting? It's year five.

OEMDawg

Mar 22, 2008
I think it has become painfully obvious that the only recruits that Croom can consistently land are obscure 1 star players from Podunk AL that have some kind of Croom-Bear 1970s connection and no other DI playing options. In year 5 our coaching staff continues to try and improve one of the nation's worst offenses by recruiting 1 difference maker in a class. I hope Elliot is up to the task because it looks like he won't have much help for the next few years.

BriantheDawg

May 24, 2006
3 years ago or whenever it was, he didn't sign a quarterback. Because we had the almighty himself, Mikey Henig. He was going to be the next Brett Favre. And then the Offensive Genius decides not to sign a highschool qb again last year. I just don't get how in the hell in the SEC, the most competitive conference in the damn nation, you don't try and sign at least one damn quarterback every single year. Hell, Urban Meyer signs 2 or 3 every year and they're all 5* AA studs that will probably be sitting on the bench for 5 years. I just don't get it. We may be the bottom of the barrell for the SEC, but we are in the %!@+$#% SEC and that in itself should attract AT LEAST one damn quarterback every year. JUST ONE, Croom. That's all we're %!@+$#% asking. ONE fecking quarterback that plays in highschool every single fecking year. How hard is that to comprehend?</p>

jlat13

Nov 1, 2007
I came on a little before signing day and asked why we never got on Bret Jeffcoat I think his name was. I was told we were secured at the QB position and I was just looking for a reason to *****. I was also told no one knew about him until the all-star game he did well on. Well, that didn't stop USM from getting him to change from La Tech to them, so I feel fairly confident we could have done the same. I stated that I didn't see what it could hurt, but everyone was right we do have a 5'8" walk on thats torching the defense and will start about the 3rd game on for us.

RebelBruiser

Aug 21, 2007
but I just looked it up and saw that Garrett's profile does include 8th grade stats. That's hilarious, not to mention the fact that they sound made up. I didn't think anyone even kept stats during a junior high game.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login