Having trouble with Gillespie as CoY.................

Hanmudog

Apr 30, 2006
There is still a possibility of UK getting left out of the NCAAs. How stupid would it look for Gillespie to win COY for going to the NIT at Kentucky? Also everyone seems to be talking about how he led UK back from a 6-7 start........well who in the hell got them to 6-7 in the first place if it was not Gillespie? UK was no younger than any other SEC team and while they did have some injuries so did other SEC teams. I just don't get it.

patdog

May 28, 2007
That would be hilarious as hell if a coach at Kentucky that couldn't even get his team in the tournament got coach of the year.

skydawg1

Jul 31, 2007
"well who in the hell got them to 6-7 in the first place if it was not Gillespie?"

I thought everyone knew...it was Tubby.

llmsudawg

Mar 3, 2008
Gillespie is a 'feel good' choice. Hell, considering what Stans lost, a west title and dance bid gives him more accomplishments than what Gillespie has done. I say give it to Pearl.

bulldogbaja

Dec 18, 2007
I think Kentucky is pretty much in.
To me, the bigger point is that Kentucky did not finish the season nearly as well as they were picked to pre-season. Yet the coach wins COY. ????????

saddawg

Jun 25, 2006
for the same reason Kentucky will get in. It's Kentucky. They were sucking and he turned them around under the worst pressure in the SEC.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
leaves no doubt they are in. I wont be surprised if they have a higher seed than us. That name on the jersey means alot

orthodawg08

Feb 23, 2008
is giving the coach a little to much credit for either. Players decide the outcome. They are the reason for the ****** start and the good finish.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login