He really was the best in college.. and MLB in 2023

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Playing college ball. All star rookie. May not ever see that again. The man sat on $8M for a college natty and a made up click bait relationship with an Instagram influencer.

1000006608.jpg

DawgsGoneWild

Sep 25, 2012
More dominant than Ben McDonald. Ben was a beast for sure, but Skenes is lights out. They can’t touch him

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Think he’ll be better than Strasburg? My memory may be wrong, but didn’t he start at his same way?
I feel like Strasburg was a bigger deal. He's the OG of the modern max effort pitcher. He was throwing that 98-100 mph fastball and 5 zillion rpm hammer when lots of pitchers will still trying to pitch with command and saving something for the later innings.

Head to head, I would take Skenes, but compared to their peers Strasburg felt like he had a much bigger gap in his stuff than other guys at the time.

ETA .. the real debate. Who had the worst facial hair? Strasburg and his nut duster chin beard or Skenes and his molestache?

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
UPS driver or MLB pitcher? The battle for worst facial hair wages on.

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
I feel like Strasburg was a bigger deal. He's the OG of the modern max effort pitcher. He was throwing that 98-100 mph fastball and 5 zillion rpm hammer when lots of pitchers will still trying to pitch with command and saving something for the later innings.

Head to head, I would take Skenes, but compared to their peers Strasburg felt like he had a much bigger gap in his stuff than other guys at the time.

ETA .. the real debate. Who had the worst facial hair? Strasburg and his nut duster chin beard or Skenes and his molestache?
Strasburg is also a World Series mvp

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login