Here’s the deal

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
No matter who didn’t play because of Covid or opting, the whole team lacked effort of those that did play. Players that have played well this season looked lost. And it’s not that it was just this game. The last two games we have had piss poor effort and execution. While it’s up to the players to execute it’s up to your staff to have them ready. Whether it’s a bowl game or not you suit up to play. You play for pride of the university and you play to win. You coach to win. If you aren’t going to do that then don’t come to Mississippi State to play. We are supposed to be a blue collar school who will out work and play you tough nose the entire game. I though leach was about that but I don’t see that hunger in him or his team the last two games. Doesn’t matter if it’s a bowl game or not. They chose to play the bowl game. You suit up and give it everything and you come out and hit the other team in the mouth and keep going. Tech certainly didn’t treat it like a game then didn’t matter. If we as state fans don’t think the game matters then we deserve Croom and 3-9 seasons and no bowl games anymore. If we don’t give a ****. If the players don’t give a ****. If the coach doesn’t. We might could have opted out but we chose to play but it didn’t look like we came out ready to play, I’ve seen that from leach this season. They don’t seem to quit in most games which is good but at the same time they don’t come out ready to play and execute. That’s a problem. I though leach was different than that. If he can’t be ready to finish the season strong and have the team ready to play at then of the season he needs to just go ahead and retire to key west. Don’t see many videos coming out like you used to of him like you did when he was at tech. Pirate needs to learn how to attack again. Take what you can and give nothing back. That’s the pirate attitude. Our attitude is try not to lose and let the other team dictate the terms.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I don't understand why everybody thinks we have to have a coach jumping up and down and yelling and hollering on sideline or else he's not coaching. Some coaches who are quite successful never show one single bit of emotion on the sideline unless they're pissed off and that is rare.

View attachment 23430

I guess the New England fans need to get somebody else to coach their team.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
That’s not really what I mean.

I’m talking about the way we play.

Our team comes out weak and not playing fired up and hitting others team in the mouth. Our coaches are not motivating our players.

Also belechik is a bad example. If you are a pro and you aren’t motivated then you are going to be cut.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
It defies logic for me as well. Good coaches run meaningful practices based on whatever was most lacking in the last game played. Games are the test of what is being learned in practice. Should be a pretty solid feedback loop. Screaming during games is not a hard requirement. Coaches relationships with players isn't built on gameday...

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Leach considers himself an intellectual giant and football guru... and no one on this Board could prove him wrong.
He's not an emotional guy... But some fans (and players) need that stuff in order to get all the feels.

But let's consider this: if Leach had been jumping up and down last night with our team performing like they did, it would have been even more embarrassing.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
the intensity and focus and dedication starts at the top, its the tone and energy for the program. but do you want a coach or a hype man?

Leach is intense and focused and dedicated. Ask a player or an assistant coach.

He's the opposite of a hype man, or in other words, a grown *** man acting immature like a out of control fan in the stands. None of that matters.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
I think the whole “we didn’t look like we cared” argument is pretty lazy most of the time. Sometimes you have plenty of effort and just play poorly. There are a bunch of reasons we looked bad last night that don’t have anything to do with effort.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
That’s not really what I mean.

I’m talking about the way we play.

Our team comes out weak and not playing fired up and hitting others team in the mouth. Our coaches are not motivating our players.

Also belechik is a bad example. If you are a pro and you aren’t motivated then you are going to be cut.

Our team plays like a team full of a bunch of young players, inconsistent. Experience will help a lot of our problems.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Can't be true. That's exactly what Leach has been saying. What does he know about college football?***

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Yes, let's tell the top talent we don't want them if they won't play in some ****** bowl game. That makes a lot of damn sense. This isn't 1990. This is the sport now. Give me those top talent guys regardless.
Win me games and let the chips fall where they may. This team wasn't very good any way. And Mike Leach needs to get his damn offense going.

Last edited:

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Leach needs to hire C34 and follow his lead. He knows more than any man alive in football just ask him and you'll find out how to fix everything.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login