Here is UA policy on guns on campus

Sep 15, 2009
He dropped them off at a bar and went to a restaurant to eat. It was around midnight when he was called to bring him the gun back. Admittedly, an assumption on my part, but at midnight I figure he would’ve already eaten dinner, and then been back home, which presumably would have been on campus. No one has ever asked where he was when he got the call. My bet, on campus.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
What makes you think he lives on campus? Miles lived at University Downs apartments, which is where he called 911. I haven't seen a report of where Miller lives. I mean, he might live on campus, but he is probably a pretty wealthy young man.

The shooting took place on Grace Street, which is 3 or 4 blocks East of the stadium. Also not on campus.

Aug 22, 2012
I think what the poster is assuming is that freshmen live on campus typically. Isn't that how it is at MSU? It was when I was there a decade ago. Unless you live within a certain proximity. I don't know where Miller is from.

Sep 15, 2009
What makes you think he lives on campus? Miles lived at University Downs apartments, which is where he called 911. I haven't seen a report of where Miller lives. I mean, he might live on campus, but he is probably a pretty wealthy young man.

The shooting took place on Grace Street, which is 3 or 4 blocks East of the stadium. Also not on campus.
Because he's a freshman. Freshmen are usually required to live on campus.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
The world sure has changed. When I was a freshman I lived in smith hall. One of the boomerang dorms. Spring semester we kept our shotguns in our rooms so that we could turkey hunt on Noxubee Refuge before classes. No one thought anything about it. Killed a beautiful gobbler on the Refuge that year. Spring of 73. Couldn’t even think of doing that now.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
Because he's a freshman. Freshmen are usually required to live on campus.
Miller is 20, which means he is eligible for an exemption to the on campus residency requirement.

But, there are some really nice rooms available to athletes at Alabama, so maybe he does live on campus. I was just wondering about your presumption.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
It doesn’t really matter where they live. You can’t have a gun on campus, period. Can’t be at your on campus residence. Can’t be on your person while walking through campus or in any building on campus. Can’t be in your vehicle while driving through campus or parking on campus. Any of the above is grounds for expulsion of a student and also potential federal crime arrest of a non-student. All of the above is the same at MSU.

The university and his attorney probably know everywhere Miller’s car was that night when the gun was in it. It’s not 100% fact that he drove on campus with the gun. But its fairly probable that if he went anywhere away from the strip that he would have at some point gone onto campus grounds if headed anywhere else of interest. Either way, its probably a secondary consideration that the school totally DGAF about….considering that they already don’t care that he was the courier for the weapon and also a conscious participant in making sure the victim and her boyfriend were sitting ducks for the shooting.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
He dropped them off at a bar and went to a restaurant to eat. It was around midnight when he was called to bring him the gun back. Admittedly, an assumption on my part, but at midnight I figure he would’ve already eaten dinner, and then been back home, which presumably would have been on campus. No one has ever asked where he was when he got the call. My bet, on campus.

The he “went to a restaurant to eat dinner” bit was the most laughably ridiculous statement in that whole line of BS from his attorney. Yeah, you’re in the line to go to the bar at 10 o’clock at 17ing night. Its long so you decide to just go to go grab some dinner at that hour? Horse sh*t.

Miller left that one bar to head to another bar somewhere that was likely not far from the strip. He was in the area the whole time and checking his phone the whole time. May have even walked there because it was nearby. If he really “went to eat at a restaurant”, what restaurant was it and what time did he get there? I mean this is a capital murder investigation. If you’re his attorney and you can put him somewhere else definitively that was far away from the scene of any altercation that might have led to the murder, you do it. But no. “Eating at a restaurant” potentially puts him anywhere in the entire Tuscaloosa metro without actually having witnesses who could refute that he was at a specific location.

You read any public statement from an attorney, and you can always understand it a lot better when you pay specific attention to what they are NOT saying. The important details they leave out. This is a classic example of that.

Last edited:
Reactions: CoastRat.sixpack
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login