Here's the most frustrating thing about our offense

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
...other teams scored on Alabama. This is not a great Alabama defense. I hope losing Sharp makes that much of a difference in our offense but the proof is in the pudding. The Leach offense can produce some duds a few games a year (LSU, Kentucky, Alabama).

Last edited:

XBLDawg

Mar 20, 2014
Mercer and Mississippi Southern scored 14 each against them last year while we put up 9. On our own field.

Mississippi has scored 69 on them in 20 and 21 and I bet they don’t get shut out this year.

Leach is right. Some of our players, especially the wide receivers, are flat out scared of Bama. Unfortunately it’s his job to fix that and he hasn’t come close in 3 years so far. We look just as inept as the day he stepped on campus.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
It looks like we’re just going to need a full offensive roster refresh which will happen within two years. Lashley is the only absolute dud we’ve had on OL and the skill player recruiting has gone pretty well. QB recruiting looks pretty good. This team will get better.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
Look, If we have a kicker and receivers that can catch, we put up 20 points last night and are somewhat in the game. Last night, was the closest to a complete game we have played all year as a team.

But, Tulu can’t drop TD passes (it’s a trend, Ole Miss last year). Walley was bad yesterday too. Ducking also serves no purpose, soft and can’t catch. Our kicker can’t miss FGs (also a trend). And, we can’t muff punts(also a trend)

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Marks and Price combined for 89 yds on 21 carries for a 4.2 avg while Will threw 60 times at a 50% completion clip. We outgained Bamer by 3 yds total O. We've had great success overall in the red zone while getting stops on D in the red zone but things were reversed this game along with 100 yds in penalties vs Bamer's 20 and they only had 1 for 5 yards late in the game. Our O's inability to adjust to Bamer's D adjustments on their side of the field was our downfall along with lopsided penalty stats. But yea, based on other games Bamer's played YTD where others were able to get it into the endzone and we couldn't is frustrating as hell.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
For everyone who says we have to run the air raid to compete on the SEC, the last 2 games are proof that in the SEC, the air raid is just another offense that can be defended. If we want to compete in the SEC, we can’t have a 1-dimensional offense.
We did not run it last week due to having 2 starting RBs injured and the starting center went down too.

We started out running. Same as we did vs Bama. Marks went down and was already injured.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Problem with taking the points is Leach has zero confidence in our kickers. And with good reason.
True. But, our only FG miss hit an upright from 45, and we had already went for it from the Bama 15 the drive before.

If it’s 14-6, I don’t think we go for it from our own 29 with 10 to go in 2Q. That call basically ended the game, because Bama goes up 21-0 3 plays later.

patdog

May 28, 2007
True. But, our only FG miss hit an upright from 45, and we had already went for it from the Bama 15 the drive before.

If it’s 14-6, I don’t think we go for it from our own 29 with 10 to go in 2Q. That call basically ended the game, because Bama goes up 21-0 3 plays later.
What are the odds of us making 2 straight FGs? We’re 5-8 this year & have missed 5 extra points. and oddly the only truly low-percentage FG we’ve attempted was a make. Kicking the ball is just not a good strategy for us this year.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
One thing I will point out. His stinkers aren’t as common as his first 2 years.
LSU is the only game in the first year I remember not being one. Last season it seemed like almost every game was. We only showed up in the 4th.

I’m not happy with LSU and KY, but I’m not going to lose any sleep over Bama. Laying an egg against AU or OM is going to make me irrationally angry.

dawgoneyall

Nov 11, 2007
It looks like we’re just going to need a full offensive roster refresh which will happen within two years. Lashley is the only absolute dud we’ve had on OL and the skill player recruiting has gone pretty well. QB recruiting looks pretty good. This team will get better.
Our receivers are not SEC level

Reactions: DAWGSANDSAINTS

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004

Also, one of Bama’s first touchdowns should’ve been called back. The center grabbed Johnson’s shoulder pads and threw him sideways to the ground. It was the 3rd down play Young stood in the pocket for a good 10 seconds.

Reactions: TXDawg.sixpack

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Mercer and Mississippi Southern scored 14 each against them last year while we put up 9. On our own field.

Mississippi has scored 69 on them in 20 and 21 and I bet they don’t get shut out this year.

Leach is right. Some of our players, especially the wide receivers, are flat out scared of Bama. Unfortunately it’s his job to fix that and he hasn’t come close in 3 years so far. We look just as inept as the day he stepped on campus.
Our receivers are absolutely scared. I tell who was not and it was that young running back of ours. He is going to be special.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

dawgoneyall

Nov 11, 2007
Our receivers are absolutely scared. I tell who was not and it was that young running back of ours. He is going to be special.
They obviously were afraid what was going to happen to them after they caught the balls...avoid that if you don't catch the ball

Oct 17, 2022
We moved the ball well, outgained them in yardage. Poor receiver play and officials who were obviously there to make Alabama look good following a loss to Tennessee is much of it, along with Alabama at home is just very good.

kentucky ? Yea that was a letdown. We aren’t good enough to lose Sharp,and DJ either.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
When is he going to lose confidence in the coaches responsible for our special teams **** show?
This special team shitshow is on Leach in my opinion. Second year in a row we have no confidence in hitting a FG at any distance. He’s the head coach, he needs to quit acting like it’s the kickers fault. He’s responsible for this entire roster and how they all perform - and he’s failed miserably at finding / developing a decent place kicker.

Oct 17, 2022
This special team shitshow is on Leach in my opinion. Second year in a row we have no confidence in hitting a FG at any distance. He’s the head coach, he needs to quit acting like it’s the kickers fault. He’s responsible for this entire roster and how they all perform - and he’s failed miserably at finding / developing a decent place kicker.
It is the kickers fault and he brought in two new kickers this year and has a good one from Arkansas coming in next year. Do you want Leach to kick the field goals himself ?

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Also, one of Bama’s first touchdowns should’ve been called back. The center grabbed Johnson’s shoulder pads and threw him sideways to the ground. It was the 3rd down play Young stood in the pocket for a good 10 seconds.
Bama O line was holding? You MUST be jesting!

Reactions: drumrcraig

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Saban takes his multi generations of supressed Croatian anger out on innocent American bulldogs

kired

Aug 22, 2008
It is the kickers fault and he brought in two new kickers this year and has a good one from Arkansas coming in next year. Do you want Leach to kick the field goals himself ?
He’s bringing in supposedly good kickers that suck for us. I want Leach to bring in a good kicker and not ruin him. I don’t know what’s happening to them but this is the second year in a row we expected it to be a strength and it’s been our biggest weakness. These guys have shown they have the ability so something is changing when they play for us.

Reactions: Maroon13

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014

Yeah that was bone headed. I'm tired of us going for it on our own territory giving a short field if we don't get it.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Our receivers are not SEC level
They aren’t equal to the elite SEC receivers but they are ok. Ducking has been pretty good at times, he and Thomas both make good plays on 50/50 balls. I think Robinson will be pretty good with more experience. The slot receivers are usually pretty reliable but the mistakes tend to be costly. They all drop more than we would like but other players in the conference do as well.

vandaldawg

Feb 23, 2008
We moved the ball well, outgained them in yardage. Poor receiver play and officials who were obviously there to make Alabama look good following a loss to Tennessee is much of it, along with Alabama at home is just very good.

kentucky ? Yea that was a letdown. We aren’t good enough to lose Sharp,and DJ either.
Fact is, every time we play Bama - Bama especially - we absolutely have to make the big play when it is there to be made. Also have to make the routine plays at an almost 100% clip.

We had those chances. First down catches: dropped; kicks missed; 4th down catches dropped, punts muffed. The result is predictable. Even when you play a clean game, it is going to be a razor thin margin.

Let’s say you are playing them straight up. Which we have done here and there. But let’s say you go for it and get stuffed or miss a makeable field goal. You can set your watch by it. That next Bama drive will be a touchdown. That’s what they do. And then the avalanche starts. We’ve all seen the movie over and over again.

You have to be play TOUGH, CLEAN, PHYSICAL, WITHIN YOURSELF, stay out of your head, but hard, fast and passionate at the same time.

It’s a high bar to be sure, but I for one think it’s doable, and don’t think MSU as a fan base should settle for anything less.

Oct 17, 2022
I think we will play them pretty well at home next year. I know they will get the calls, but it can’t possible be as bad as it was last night.

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Look, If we have a kicker and receivers that can catch, we put up 20 points last night and are somewhat in the game. Last night, was the closest to a complete game we have played all year as a team.

But, Tulu can’t drop TD passes (it’s a trend, Ole Miss last year). Walley was bad yesterday too. Ducking also serves no purpose, soft and can’t catch. Our kicker can’t miss FGs (also a trend). And, we can’t muff punts(also a trend)
We are making a lot of observations without talking about those things. As far as I'm concerned we left 10 points on the field from just those plays because we need players that are trained and perform better. I think the players we will see in the next few years will have been in our system since they stepped on campus and that's going to make a big difference in the way they perform. You can ***** all you want but you won't see anything change this season it's gonna have to be after we change everything even the quarterback.

One other thing you guys are forgetting this we're not gonna play another team with the talent and depth that Alabama has the rest of the season, but I'll make sure that I will remind you have when we win the next games and you guys STFU.

XBLDawg

Mar 20, 2014
We are making a lot of observations without talking about those things. As far as I'm concerned we left 10 points on the field from just those plays because we need players that are trained and perform better. I think the players we will see in the next few years will have been in our system since they stepped on campus and that's going to make a big difference in the way they perform. You can ***** all you want but you won't see anything change this season it's gonna have to be after we change everything even the quarterback.

One other thing you guys are forgetting this we're not gonna play another team with the talent and depth that Alabama has the rest of the season, but I'll make sure that I will remind you have when we win the next games and you guys STFU.
You don’t think Jawja is as talented as Bama? 😂😂

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
You don’t think Jawja is as talented as Bama? 😂😂
No. Alabama has played a few tough opponents. Jawja has struggled against Missouri. If they were as good as Alabama they would have smashed all the crappier teams and they have not done that.

60sdog

Oct 9, 2010
Head coach is always responsible for the kicking game. In fact, having a consistently poor kicking game is frequently indicative of a poor coach overall. See Croom.

Reactions: patdog

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
I thought y'all said Malik Heath was a bum too and left because he wouldn't start. He was Ole Miss' best receiver against LSU. Someone is confused.

He couldn't beat out the other guys at his position here. There's no confusion there.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login