Hey fishwater99, question for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woof Man Jack

Apr 20, 2006
Quote:_________________________________________________Do you think our record is strong enough for us to host the first round of the NIT? _________________________________________________

Clearly, the next two games are cruicial. Say what you want, but the NIT selection committee is not going to give a 20+ game winning, SEC West Champs, team a home game if we screw up the final two games.

I may be wrong, and look forward to "The Expert's" input.

RebelBruiser

Aug 21, 2007
fishwater had you guys as a lock for the NIT after losing to us in Oxford. One loss and he flipped out.

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
Hey Cowtown..

Sarcasim Monday??

Looks like we will be a 6 seed in B-ham and I will be there.

Glad the recuiter got the team back up and we won two huge road wins...Funny how we can win as a team when J-money doesn't shoot every time...Rhodes and Hans have been huge for us. The floor coach has been getting better this season as our team is healthy and he figures out who to play at what times in the game.
I am on cloud nine, if this team keep playing like this we might win two game sin the NCAA.

Go Dawgs...

Woof Man Jack

Apr 20, 2006
Quote:_________________________________________________if this team keep playing like this we might win two game sin the NCAA._________________________________________________

Nice backhanded compliment.

What? No reference to your "we're NIT bound" freak-out after the OM game? Outta sight, outta mind...I guess.

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
Quote:_________________________________________________What? No reference to your "we're NIT bound" freak-out after the OM game?_________________________________________________

I was pissed after that loss and vented on this message board.
Is that not what the six pack is for?

I was wrong and I am happy to admit it.

I'm a man I'm 40........

Aug 30, 2006
Quote:_________________________________________________Sarcasim Monday_________________________________________________
No matter how many people make that mistake on here, it never fails to make me laugh.
Quote:_________________________________________________Glad the recuiter got the team back up and we won two huge road wins...Funny how we can win as a team when J-money doesn't shoot every time_________________________________________________
It is funny how even in victory you find a way to make underhanded negative comments about our coach & one of our best players. It is beyond time for the great recruiter/bad floor coach crap to end. He has led the team to seven 20 win seasons in the last 10 seasons. He has won 4 of the last 6 SEC west championships. He is by no means the best floor coach in college BB, but he is pretty damn good as evidenced by his results.

Now, what if we get blown out by Vandy Wed night? Will you have a complete & utter mental breakdown again? What if, horror of horrors, we should lose to LSU at home to end the season? Would we be NIT bound aGAIN?

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
You must be an english teacher...

I think we lose at Vandy and beat LSU at home, then we have a chance to win the SEC Tourney.

Vandy is a tough place to play and Stans voice will be gone by halftime. Saying that, if we shoot lights out from three we can win at Memorial...

As long as the floor coach keeps our team focused and we stop or even slow down Thorton we win by 10+ vs LSU.

Stans is a great recuiter and is an average floor coach, but he has improved as this year has progressed. He still will not call a timeout to stop the other team. He always waits on the TV timeouts, this has cost us in the past. Saturday UF went on a small run and he let them play, it did not matter b/c we played hard and won the game.

J-money plays better when he realizes that there are other players on the team that can score besides him. He is a great college player and I am glad he is on our team. Last year when his shot was off, he would just keep shooting. This year he passes the ball and gets other people involved, which is great for our team. Saying that I hope he comes back next year.

Go Dawgs
Sweet 16 for Stans....

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
Quote:_________________________________________________I was pissed after that loss and vented on this message board.Is that not what the six pack is for?

I thought it was a discussion board to discuss MSU sports. Not get on here and whine and cry after every single loss and claim the sky is falling, our coach sucks, we suck and whatever other dumb **** you can come up with. It is like you expect us to go undefeated and after every loss you pitch a fit

ChatGPT

Apr 24, 2006
Quote:_________________________________________________Stans is a great recuiter and is an average floor coach_________________________________________________

Am I the only one that thinks this is one of those internet myths?

We've won games in the sixties and games in the eighties. Run a pretty good zone defense this year, which is aGAINST every fiber of Stans's defensive philosophy. With our limited and inexperienced depth, he's done a great job. You don't win as many games as he has at Mississippi State just being an average coach. The last two years were disappointing, but this year has reminded me why I'm glad to have him in the Jewel.

He gets the great recruiter tab from three guys who never played a minute at MSU. He's made some mistakes, such as Sharpe, too. However, we always seem to end up with a solid starting five that is always capable of winning a lot of games.

oem

Feb 23, 2008
And your basketball knowledge is somewhere south of my 4 year old daughter.

Aug 30, 2006
Your whole post sums it up quite nicely. However, fishy has trouble controlling his wild emotional swings long enough to examine the factual history.

Stans is a good to really good recruiter and a good floor coach. His results prove it.

ChatGPT

Apr 24, 2006
That was a worthless post, and is much along the lines of what HD is trying to get rid of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login