Hey gary ervin..thanks for leaving....

TheTickler

Nov 15, 2005
dipshit. if your sorry *** had stayed, we'd be last in the SEC for two straight years now!! what a douche!!

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
no way we could have used that 13 point, 7 assist, and 4 rebound day he had against 14th ranked Vandy today

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
Yeah to bad you dont get that everyday from him. And I think we did fine without Ervin today

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
for all 4 years of his playing career, he has made the tournament assuming Arkansas makes it this year.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
I'd have a 4 man rotation with Hans coming off the bench and Gordon could do more things since he wouldnt have to play PG...

say what you want, but it would make us a better team IF the chemistry was there...but thats a big IF

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Quote:_________________________________________________say what you want, but it would make us a better team IF the chemistry was there...but thats a big IF_________________________________________________

Agreed. Thats a huge if.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
Quote:_________________________________________________He's a cancer_________________________________________________

At times he's very well been. But the last 1/3 of the season last year he was very good. And now he is playing very well. And he is heading into his 4th straight NCAA Tourney.

I havent been able to watch us lately and have had to watch them play. It appears he has figured out his job is to defend and get the ball to Weems and Beverly. In Atlanta, I look for them to make a push for it with us, Tenn, and Vandy

VegasDawg13

Jun 11, 2007
Why is it that the Tickler makes a typical terrible post and everyone considers that a good opportunity to start aNOTHER ***** fest with Coach?

patdog

May 28, 2007
It would be hard for a player who had used all of his eligibility last year to contribute anything to us this year. Ervin wouldn't have been on this team even if he had stayed.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
well seeing as how if he had stayed he would have finished LAST season, i wouldnt want to replace any of those guys with him right now.

but LAST season, Ervin could have been a PG that would have allowed Gordon to slide over and play the SF or 4th G in the 4G1F lineup and help out Dizzy when he was getting his *** handed to him by bigger players.

this is all pointless bickering though about what he would have/could have done, butterfly effect and all.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
The guy has always had talent. Ervin's problem was he has a tendancy to have his head firmly planted in his *** most of the time. He makes himself uncoachable, he does his thing regardless of how it will affect the team. But, when he plays team ball, when he listens to coaches, and when he plays defense he is a good point guard. The problem is getting him to do those things consistently. Stans, Heath, and Pelphrey haven't been able to do that. The good thing for Arkansas is he's just kind of floated into that late in the two seasons he's played for them. I'd even argue that he had his moments late in the season for us in 2005. If only he'd play like that always, think what his career could have looked like.

gtowndawg

Jan 23, 2007
he wouldn't have helped this year if he stayed. Last year would have been his last.

VinceVega70

Sep 24, 2007
is that he was a liability in the lockerroom for us. He did not fit into what we were doing and where we were going. For his sake, I'm glad to see he finally bought into a system at Arkansas, but it took awhile for him to grow up there (including a year on the sideline),too. I suspect the redshirt year gave him some time to grow up a little.
Also remember that he would not be at State this year if he'd not transferred, he'd already be back in New York or in the NBADL somewhere. We would never have had him at this level of maturation.

So, in the end, it was probably in his and our best interest for him to go.

Woof Man Jack

Apr 20, 2006
Since no one has mentioned it, Ervin would have finished his eligibility last year....he wouldn't be on this team.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login