Hey Hugh.....Christmas weather

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I know long term weather forecasts aren't very reliable but you getting any thoughts what the Christmas weekend may look like ?

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
I know long term weather forecasts aren't very reliable but you getting any thoughts what the Christmas weekend may look like ?
Long term signals are pointing towards temps above average around Christmas with near average precipitation chances so you could hedge your bets and say partly cloudy and upper 50 - low 60's for the northern part of the state to mid to upper 60's for the southern part of the state. For those wanting cold weather a pattern change may happen in January, but not seeing any reliable signals for shots of cold air the rest of December at this time.

• Sad
Reactions: Darryl Steight

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Who was it that wrote an article once making the claim that Mississippi had the worst climate/weather situation in the world? Heat, Humidity, tornadoes, hurricanes, mosquitoes, etc. We're also near a fault line, and I think there's a dormant volcano under Jackson, so the long term future may be interesting as well.

I would have to admit, trick or treating in 80 degrees, shorts on Thanksgiving, and upper 60's for Christmas do make me think about picking up my family and moving during the Holidays. Among other things.

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
Who was it that wrote an article once making the claim that Mississippi had the worst climate/weather situation in the world? Heat, Humidity, tornadoes, hurricanes, mosquitoes, etc. We're also near a fault line, and I think there's a dormant volcano under Jackson, so the long term future may be interesting as well.
I would put Oklahoma as the top on my leader board.

dudehead

Jul 9, 2006
I would have to admit, trick or treating in 80 degrees, shorts on Thanksgiving, and upper 60's for Christmas do make me think about picking up my family and moving during the Holidays. Among other things.
Twenty years ago, I would agree with you. Nowadays, that nice moderate fall/winter weather sounds pretty damn good to me.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Seriously when it comes to weather forecasting 24 hours is about as far as most meteorologists will certainly give you a weather forecast for that time. Most meteorologists will only hint at events up to five or six days away. Anything that far in advance is going to be almost impossible to nail down. Sometimes the weather model will look like doomsday's two weeks away, but if you look at the same computer model in the afternoon there's nothing there but sunny skies. The global wind currents are so crazy to try to forecast future events that even computers can get it wrong.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Long term signals are pointing towards temps above average around Christmas with near average precipitation chances so you could hedge your bets and say partly cloudy and upper 50 - low 60's for the northern part of the state to mid to upper 60's for the southern part of the state. For those wanting cold weather a pattern change may happen in January, but not seeing any reliable signals for shots of cold air the rest of December at this time.
Yeah, I've given up old cold weather for this year, really more concerned about moisture for travel reasons. Thank you very much !

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
The last decade of winters outside of 2021 have been pretty much duds. Havent had a neutral ENSO since 13/14.

USAFAMMO

Oct 13, 2012
If y’all want some snow and cold, I got plenty to spare. Might make it feel more festive down there for Christmas……

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login