Hey John

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
Dear IB,

If you want to leave the school that you played at, coached at, won a national championship at, and AD’d at for half a decade, go right the **** ahead.

Will we miss you? Probably. Although a lot of MSU fans might disagree, I think you did an above average job. We will get over it much quicker than you would think.

If you and your politically correct wife are dumb enough to leave for a place like Auburn, where you will be dealing with some of the most disillusioned top brass in the country, then go right the **** ahead. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

But for the record, I hope you stay.

O, and good luck with Alabama.

I love you all,
GOJ

Last edited:

Yeti

Feb 20, 2018
Good riddance. She jumped on Twitter a couple years back showing her left side ….that’s not going to play well with a conservative fan base in Auburn. Cohen had long ago recached his level of incompetence. Jo Mo. Vic, Canz attendance is off at two major sports Plus just not good at business.

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
Good riddance. She jumped on Twitter a couple years back showing her left side ….that’s not going to play well with a conservative fan base in Auburn. Cohen had long ago recached his level of incompetence. Jo Mo. Vic, Canz attendance is off at two major sports Plus just not good at business.
I wouldn't hold attendance numbers in football against him. Thats an issue nearly everyone is facing.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
I wonder if this is influencing the pushback.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Dear IB,

If you want to leave the school that you played at, coached at, won a national championship at, and AD’d at for half a decade, go right the **** ahead.

Will we miss you? Probably. Although a lot of MSU fans might disagree, I think you did an above average job. We will get over it much quicker than you would think.

If you and your politically correct wife are dumb enough to leave for a place like Auburn, where you will be dealing with some of the most disillusioned top brass in the country, then go right the **** ahead. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

But for the record, I hope you stay.

O, and good luck with Alabama.

I love you all,
GOJ
My question is what are the Cohen haters going to say in 7 years when our athletics program is pretty much the same? Except for the national championship of course.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I wonder if this is influencing the pushback.
I don’t know if it’s influencing the push back at auburn, but it’s definitely a reason Cohen is disliked so much. He’s done an average job, not terrible or great but definitely not bad enough to warrant the hate he gets. A lot of the hate, in my opinion, is due to his liberal family’s views.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I don’t care that he and Nelle are liberal or even that they have a transgender child. Not relevant to his job. Maybe some do care about that but I don’t.

What is relevant is that our athletic department has very little buzz or excitement and we are the same or worse in every major sport as we were when he was hired in 2016.

I’m ready to give someone else a chance to make changes, because this is what we will always be under Cohen while others around us are making noticeable improvements. I don’t know about you but I didn’t particularly enjoy seeing our rival play in the Sugar Bowl and win a baseball national title in the same athletic year while all of our major sports were mediocre at best.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
My question is what are the Cohen haters going to say in 7 years when our athletics program is pretty much the same? Except for the national championship of course.
You already know. Cohen got lucky. It wasn't really his hire. etc.

Does that mean I like Cohen or want to keep him? No. It means there is no reason to make up things to crap on people because of some sort of axe to grind over things not going the way they think that it should. Using football here, you already see it here. Rather than build a program up, the same people will drool over be able to post fantasy that he is killing our program and is a horrible coach.

Those people would rather see the place burn down than do what's needed. Work to build it. They dream of a quick fix.

They believe getting rid of Cohen will make us instantly something we are not.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
I don’t care that he and Nelle are liberal or even that they have a transgender child. Not relevant to his job. Maybe some do care about that but I don’t.

What is relevant is that our athletic department has very little buzz or excitement and we are the same or worse in every major sport as we were when he was hired in 2016.

I’m ready to give someone else a chance to make changes, because this is what we will always be under Cohen while others around us are making noticeable improvements. I don’t know about you but I didn’t particularly enjoy seeing our rival play in the Sugar Bowl and win a baseball national title in the same athletic year while all of our major sports were mediocre at best.
Dudy was renovated under him. That was no buzzz? Really?

So this seems to be more about Ole Miss than MSU. We won a national title under Cohen and have the best facility in the nation.

In Basketball, he allowed Howland time to turn the program around (and Howland did a good job. ) we were back to winning and going to the tourney. He pulled the plug to go in a new direction. Chris jans won 80% of the games at New Mexico State in the 5 years there. The year the tourney was cancelled, he didn't lose a conference game! By all indications, a great hire.

Purcell... 3rd in the nation in wins when he was hire. 147-19 record over the past five seasons, which ranks third in the country behind Connecticut (150) and Baylor (151) for the most victories during that span.

BUT he has to go because we need to make changes! Oh it doesn't matter that MSU won that title in baseball... What REALLY matters is that our rival won. It doesn't matter that he moved make the needed changes. What matters is that ole miss did ok.

Yeti

Feb 20, 2018
Purcell was an assistant he wasn’t the coach and Jan’s hasn’t won a game yet ..howland looked good on paper too, what did he do ? Jans may be great but we don’t know. And as for attendance we are 11th of 14 in the SEC for percentage of butts in seats. Now I get game time matters but wins dictate times. I like Leach but he needs to evolve. Look at the guys from his tree they evolved. Maybe the next qb can and will run until then the jury is out

Reactions: Bobby Ricigliano

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Purcell was an assistant he wasn’t the coach and Jan’s hasn’t won a game yet ..howland looked good on paper too, what did he do ? Jans may be great but we don’t know. And as for attendance we are 11th of 14 in the SEC for percentage of butts in seats. Now I get game time matters but wins dictate times. I like Leach but he needs to evolve. Look at the guys from his tree they evolved. Maybe the next qb can and will run until then the jury is out
Yes. Nobody wins a game when first hired. That's not a valid point at all. Howland... He started taking us back to the Tourney. Major improvement over the 3 consecutive losing years before he was hired. Everybody who is not in contention save TAMU has a butt in seat issue.

Every year, no matter what coach it is, they are not doing what fans think so it's "they need to evolve". Heard that under Mullen. It's always something.... anything other than "let's build the program". It's always the back up QB, The back up AD, the back HC. Always the next big supposed thing rather than just build it.

vandaldawg

Feb 23, 2008
Okay. I’m not sure a)whether this is true of our fanbase, or b) if it is, if you are endorsing said…ahem…lack of appreciation for Cohen’s religious affiliation or not. But suffice it to say, whomever endorses a Kanye is right, or “funded by George Sonos” antisemitic dogwhistle sorts of rhetoric, can go to hell. And likely will.

Pars

Oct 11, 2015
Cohen rebuilt the baseball program and hired the coach that got us a natty. He’s been a decent AD. If you didn’t like him because of his religion you can get ****** and need to do some self reflecting. That being said I hope they go with a more business minded type instead of the old coach type this go round.

Yeti

Feb 20, 2018
Yes. Nobody wins a game when first hired. That's not a valid point at all. Howland... He started taking us back to the Tourney. Major improvement over the 3 consecutive losing years before he was hired. Everybody who is not in contention save TAMU has a butt in seat issue.

Every year, no matter what coach it is, they are not doing what fans think so it's "they need to evolve". Heard that under Mullen. It's always something.... anything other than "let's build the program". It's always the back up QB, The back up AD, the back HC. Always the next big supposed thing rather than just build it.
Purcell... 3rd in the nation in wins when he was hire. 147-19 record over the past five seasons, which ranks third in the country behind Connecticut (150) and Baylor (151) for the most victories during that span.

Just going by what you said

HamSammich

Nov 9, 2016
Okay. I’m not sure a)whether this is true of our fanbase, or b) if it is, if you are endorsing said…ahem…lack of appreciation for Cohen’s religious affiliation or not. But suffice it to say, whomever endorses a Kanye is right, or “funded by George Sonos” antisemitic dogwhistle sorts of rhetoric, can go to hell. And likely will.

No way am I endorsing this. Not one second. But I can tell you I have witnessed many a fan at the baseball games when he was the coach say they just couldn’t get behind this coach because we wouldn’t pray with the team.

Also have heard the same lame joke so many times that the reason our athletic department is so far behind is because we have a Jew at the helm.

Like I said previously, this won’t go over well, but it’s the elephant in the room.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Just 17ing damn. Screw Cohen. He sucked anyway.
James Earl Jones Reaction GIF

I can't believe you would say this! I didn't have a clue!

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
I don’t know about you but I didn’t particularly enjoy seeing our rival play in the Sugar Bowl and win a baseball national title in the same athletic year while all of our major sports were mediocre at best.
That damn Cohen. I mean, how could he let Ole Miss do those things.

Reactions: Ibdancin

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
No way am I endorsing this. Not one second. But I can tell you I have witnessed many a fan at the baseball games when he was the coach say they just couldn’t get behind this coach because we wouldn’t pray with the team.

Also have heard the same lame joke so many times that the reason our athletic department is so far behind is because we have a Jew at the helm.

Like I said previously, this won’t go over well, but it’s the elephant in the room.
I agree with you on this. It may not have been a large portion of the fan base (hopefully not) but there was even a poster on here making borderline antisemitic comments when SBW was scheduled for Easter weekend. I believe he said something like Cohen didn’t have a problem scheduling it for that weekend because Easter means nothing to him. If one guy is willing to say something like that publicly, you know many others are thinking it privately.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
I agree with you on this. It may not have been a large portion of the fan base (hopefully not) but there was even a poster on here making borderline antisemitic comments when SBW was scheduled for Easter weekend. I believe he said something like Cohen didn’t have a problem scheduling it for that weekend because Easter means nothing to him. If one guy is willing to say something like that publicly, you know many others are thinking it privately.

I'm sorry if you have a problem with people valuing their religion. There is nothing wrong with people questioning why SBW was held on Easter weekend. Would it not be true that if he valued Easter and the significance of it, he would have chosen a different weekend? How is any of that antisemitic?

vandaldawg

Feb 23, 2008
I'm sorry if you have a problem with people valuing their religion. There is nothing wrong with people questioning why SBW was held on Easter weekend. Would it not be true that if he valued Easter and the significance of it, he would have chosen a different weekend? How is any of that antisemitic?
I don’t think the poster is suggesting that there is any problem with questioning why SBW is being scheduled for Easter Weekend, I think the poster is illuminating what that person was suggesting when they said Cohen didn’t care anything about Easter.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
I don’t think the poster is suggesting that there is any problem with questioning why SBW is being scheduled for Easter Weekend, I think the poster is illuminating what that person was suggesting when they said Cohen didn’t care anything about Easter.
Ok. but what he stated was that it was antisemitic. I don't see that in what he recalls. I did not see it, so I don't know. But it's a pretty strong accusation to say a poster was being antisemitic don't you think?

Reactions: Yeti

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
SMH at ”fans” who not only think like this, but post it on a message board.

vandaldawg

Feb 23, 2008
Ok. but what he stated was that it was antisemitic. I don't see that in what he recalls. I did not see it, so I don't know. But it's a pretty strong accusation to say a poster was being antisemitic don't you think?
Yeah, it is a strong accusation to be sure. And it is an inference that means we are assuming motivation. A motivation that may not necessarily be the case. So you are right, you can’t just assume that.

Reactions: Ibdancin

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
That damn Cohen. I mean, how could he let Ole Miss do those things.
So it’s OK that our rival has surpassed us in football when we had a major advantage 3-4 years ago and they have essentially matched us baseball, our best sport?

Cohen can’t control how well the schools around us do but he can dang well react to it. He hasn’t done that. Other schools are taking big steps to change their circumstances and we just keep doing the same old same old.

Reactions: patdog

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I don’t know if it’s influencing the push back at auburn, but it’s definitely a reason Cohen is disliked so much. He’s done an average job, not terrible or great but definitely not bad enough to warrant the hate he gets. A lot of the hate, in my opinion, is due to his liberal family’s views.
I don’t dislike him for his views but I do dislike bringing those views into his job and publicly considering his job and where his job is.

Reactions: D4L

D4L

Aug 2, 2021

He has a damn tranny kid?! Bye Felicia.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login