Hey Lynn

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
What is it going to take for you to admit that Starkville has a crime problem and actually do something about it. You’re going to ruin my “safe” little getaway town.

Jesus Christ Lynn, act like you have a pair.

Last edited:

archdog

Aug 22, 2012
Well we do have a little bit of a small town drug dealer / gang related issue just north of old 82. The black community is not taking care of their issues, and now kids are getting gunned down, in town. I am not sure what the police can do, the last issue was a drive by retaliation against something that happened last year, per the reports. Between the West Point, Columbus, and Starkville black communities just thinking they are the blood and crypts from LA 1997. What I don't understand is why do these communities even allow these actions to continue? They know exactly who is doing all this stuff, just call in and give all the information you have on the individuals. You comments never even need to be made public.

Arthur2478

Oct 17, 2010
They had the 3 guys in custody within 24 hours. I'd say that's pretty respectable police work.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
For killing a 9 year old like that the ************* should be drug out in front of city hall and each get two to the back of the head.

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
Direct your anger at DA Scott Colum, pal.

He is one of these DAs that George Soros put money in to get elected because he is light on crime. The Mayor and Police are very frustrated with the DA and his lackadaisical approach to prosecution.

Of course, Bennie Thompson has recommended him to be a federal judge so he may be moving on sooner than later.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Don’t be dragging that poor old man Soros’s name through the mud like that!*

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

He is one of these DAs that George Soros put money in to get elected because he is light on crime. The Mayor and Police are very frustrated with the DA and his lackadaisical approach to prosecution.

Of course, Bennie Thompson has recommended him to be a federal judge so he may be moving on sooner than later.

Sounds like a D.A. who was gonna fix that problem when I lived there. 17er No, I won't say more except to say if things really haven't changed it's a bigger problem than just the District Attorney and the area north of old 82.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Starkville will be the reason MSU will grow slowly. It always waits on MSU to take the lead.

Beautiful campus. Marginal hamlet.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Damn, you solved it.

Well we do have a little bit of a small town drug dealer / gang related issue just north of old 82. The black community is not taking care of their issues, and now kids are getting gunned down, in town. I am not sure what the police can do, the last issue was a drive by retaliation against something that happened last year, per the reports. Between the West Point, Columbus, and Starkville black communities just thinking they are the blood and crypts from LA 1997. What I don't understand is why do these communities even allow these actions to continue? They know exactly who is doing all this stuff, just call in and give all the information you have on the individuals. You comments never even need to be made public.

Somebody let the affected communities know that all they gotta do is take care of their ****. Easy peasy. Glad someone finally thought to let the good folks of these neighborhoods to finally press the off button - I'm sure they never thought of that before.

Bulldogg31

Dec 9, 2013

Remind me, is Soros a Crip or a Blood?

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Soooo, exactly why are you mad at Lynn Spruill? Just emotional and looking for someone to blame?

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
If you’re going to get mad about it, get mad at the aldermen. Starkville is a code charter or “weak mayor” city government so the alderman hold the power. Spruill is just basically a figurehead and another alderman.

Last edited:

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Somebody let the affected communities know that all they gotta do is take care of their ****. Easy peasy. Glad someone finally thought to let the good folks of these neighborhoods to finally press the off button - I'm sure they never thought of that before.

I realize you're just being an ******* but he is a million percent correct. The erosion of the nuclear family and the absence of fathers taking responsibility and teaching accountability in homes is the root cause and the restoration of it is the solution.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
The initiative to improve the crime situation in the black communities of this country will have to come from within those communities. Why won't they take this initiative ? Your guess is as good as mine but I feel like it's some sort of resistance to being controlled by the "white man's" laws. Whatever it is, it makes no sense to me.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Y'all should let them know.

The initiative to improve the crime situation in the black communities of this country will have to come from within those communities. Why won't they take this initiative ? Your guess is as good as mine but I feel like it's some sort of resistance to being controlled by the "white man's" laws. Whatever it is, it makes no sense to me.

They probably haven't considered yet how to make the community safer. Let us know what they say when you let them know they just need a little initiative.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
They probably haven't considered yet how to make the community safer. Let us know what they say when you let them know they just need a little initiative.
I'm curious as to who you feel is the bad guy, or what your solution may be? Or if there is one? If you recall, Trump's speeches were littered with "cleaning up American cities" and you know his solution was more law enforcement. Well, on the flip side, the Dems want less of that, enacted it, and crime has skyrocketed. Neither worked. Do you actually have a realistic approach to fixing it?

My opinion? Let it go. Live and let live. If you want lax police protection, you can have it. But we also know innocent people will suffer. Well, if so inclined, you can go and move in these areas and try to help. Government has been trying to incentivize spreading out the low income housing all over, but that hasn't worked either, crime just look over everything and the wealthy just put up gates.

The only solution is from within, either by the community or outside, but it can't be 'gentrification'. Can't just come in and raise property values and push the criminals elsewhere. You have to make the criminals, not be criminals. The only way to do that in generational, through the nuclear family or some serious mentoring. This is what the government misses when they do things by force (police) or by ideals (leniency).

Thoughts?

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
It's beyond fixing

I'm curious as to who you feel is the bad guy, or what your solution may be? Or if there is one? If you recall, Trump's speeches were littered with "cleaning up American cities" and you know his solution was more law enforcement. Well, on the flip side, the Dems want less of that, enacted it, and crime has skyrocketed. Neither worked. Do you actually have a realistic approach to fixing it?

My opinion? Let it go. Live and let live. If you want lax police protection, you can have it. But we also know innocent people will suffer. Well, if so inclined, you can go and move in these areas and try to help. Government has been trying to incentivize spreading out the low income housing all over, but that hasn't worked either, crime just look over everything and the wealthy just put up gates.

The only solution is from within, either by the community or outside, but it can't be 'gentrification'. Can't just come in and raise property values and push the criminals elsewhere. You have to make the criminals, not be criminals. The only way to do that in generational, through the nuclear family or some serious mentoring. This is what the government misses when they do things by force (police) or by ideals (leniency).

Thoughts?

No government, no police force, no policy, no white person from the burbs or country is going to fix what happens in these communities. If I knew how to help, I'd offer a solution.

I did try mentoring a young black boy in a bad family situation. Mom too young. Dad locked up. But despite that he was a regular happy go lucky 10 year old that liked school, comics, video games, and movies. I really enjoyed the time we got to spend together and I thought it might make a difference to 1 family. Then he got caught up in nonsense. Mom went missing and never found. He's 21 now and is locked up with a 1st degree murder charge.

If I told his grandparents (they were very involved) that they could have prevented him turning into a massive 17up with a little initiative and ownership of his raising, I would have taken a well deserved *** whipping. And that is really my point - these communities want to fix their problems more than any scared outsider wants. They just can't for some reason - and it's not from simply not caring or trying. Insinuating such is incredibly ignorant or arrogant. There has to be more to it that I couldn't possibly articulate bc I don't have that experience, but I do know these are human beings that care and want better communities. Sadly, I think the only solution might be just get out if you can.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
No government, no police force, no policy, no white person from the burbs or country is going to fix what happens in these communities. If I knew how to help, I'd offer a solution.

I did try mentoring a young black boy in a bad family situation. Mom too young. Dad locked up. But despite that he was a regular happy go lucky 10 year old that liked school, comics, video games, and movies. I really enjoyed the time we got to spend together and I thought it might make a difference to 1 family. Then he got caught up in nonsense. Mom went missing and never found. He's 21 now and is locked up with a 1st degree murder charge.

If I told his grandparents (they were very involved) that they could have prevented him turning into a massive 17up with a little initiative and ownership of his raising, I would have taken a well deserved *** whipping. And that is really my point - these communities want to fix their problems more than any scared outsider wants. They just can't for some reason - and it's not from simply not caring or trying. Insinuating such is incredibly ignorant or arrogant. There has to be more to it that I couldn't possibly articulate bc I don't have that experience, but I do know these are human beings that care and want better communities. Sadly, I think the only solution might be just get out if you can.

Kid got caught up because mom and dad didn't give a ****. And he got caught up with other kids in the same situation and it all predictably and inevitably went to hell.

There has to be people stepping up from the inside and educating folks that having five kids be four women before age 23 is not a good thing. That living your life drawing "free money" from the government is not a good thing. Laws should be passed to hold parents accountable for their children.

These are the tough things that nobody has the guts to do. The left is too busy pandering to have that conversation and the right is too worried about being labeled racist for holding people accountable. But that's the solution.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
It’s the culture within the community. The only people that can fix it are within the community but it takes everyone and that’s where the problem is. There isn’t a one size fits all solution.

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010

Thoughts?

Community based policing is one of the things having a small amount of success. San Diego is having some success with it. Offices actually walking a beat and getting to know the residents of their patrol area and building a rapport with them. Gain trust and then the info starts flowing. Read "Rise of the Warrior Cop" by Balko. Gives some good insight on how we got into this **** storm with crime and how we can mitigate the problem. One hard fact: We will always have crime, but when times get tough, crime goes up. And right now everyone's feeling a little pressure given the nationwide sentiments these days.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021

Can't argue with that.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Mom cared. She worked 3 jobs and was mentally ill.

Kid got caught up because mom and dad didn't give a ****. And he got caught up with other kids in the same situation and it all predictably and inevitably went to hell.

There has to be people stepping up from the inside and educating folks that having five kids be four women before age 23 is not a good thing. That living your life drawing "free money" from the government is not a good thing. Laws should be passed to hold parents accountable for their children.

These are the tough things that nobody has the guts to do. The left is too busy pandering to have that conversation and the right is too worried about being labeled racist for holding people accountable. But that's the solution.

She tried, but wasn't capable. Regardless, there's many things that you and I can observe and say "yep, that's 17'd up and these kids are doomed" and plenty of decisions that you and I would call stupid decisions. We'd find a lot of agreement there. Where you and I diverge is the complexity of why this is the case. You think they can snap their fingers and fix it - once they get around to caring enough to fix it. While I agree that it is ultimately their problem to fix, if it were as simple as caring and trying, this **** would have been fixed long ago.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
I realize you're just being an ******* but he is a million percent correct. The erosion of the nuclear family and the absence of fathers taking responsibility and teaching accountability in homes is the root cause and the restoration of it is the solution.

Agree.

Children growing up without their fathers in the home is the root cause for many of our problems.

I'm not sure how to fix it. For sure, it couldn't be a quick fix. It would take several generations . . . with small improvements each generation.

It would be great if our government could put together a small committee of smart, experienced people to figure it out and implement the necessary programs to increase the number of homes having fathers in the home.

The only idea I have is to teach "family life" to K-2nd graders as part of their health class. Maybe the kids could learn what a typical family is like and aspire to be that way when they become adults?

That likely wouldn't get very far in today's America.

docdawg

Mar 22, 2009
Boy Scout dues are now roughly $75 a year. Give me two years worth of dues and as a Scoutmaster I'll do my best to give that child a fighting chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login