Hey Selmon, when are we going to do something about the lower West side?

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
I've mentioned this several times over the years, but each one of our sections on the lower west side contains the longest continuous rows in the SEC. It's a fact, I've measured it on Google Earth. Nobody else in the SEC is forced to push through as many people to get to the exit aisles as we are. Why have we continued to ignore this uncomfortable problem for so many years?

It's no secret to anybody on this board that it creates an incredibly uncomfortable experience for some of our longest season ticket holders, who sit in an area that's the most full each game. It's not impossible to remove enough metal bleacher seating to develop new aisles and alleviate the suffering that causes me to think twice about coming to the games with kids. Before you tell me "it's that way everywhere else"... you're incorrect. Not only have I measured this on Google Earth, I've been to most other SEC stadiums and ALL of them are more comfortable than the lower west side. That side was built almost 100 years ago. If it's not possible to spread the rows out and give more legroom ( I assume it's not with the current structure), let's at least create new aisles down the center of the current sections.

Personally, I think it's time to think about completely scrapping the west side and starting over. The press box and media areas look old and terrible. I doubt we have the patience for that.

I love you all,
GOJ

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I’ve been fighting this fight for two decades, and 10-15 years ago, I could at least somewhat buy the argument that we weren’t going to do anything to reduce stadium capacity.

However, that argument left the building years ago, and I’d challenge anyone to find a P5 school with less comfortable 50-yd line, lower level home side seats. Hell, I was in Memphis week 1, and even they have chair back boxes. In this day and age of a billion dollar sport with coaches making $10M and every 4-5* athlete on the field getting $100k+ offers, it is insane to me that we’re sticking our home fans on 80 seat wide metal bleachers.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Boom! Thank you!

That west side needs to be totally rebuilt.

Do NOT take the Cohen cheap *** "renovate existing" way out either. Like the Hump -what his plans WERE for the 200 level.

someone will say.... "but we can't even afford under pinning for the double wide." Damn it, borrow then.

However I think we can afford it one way or the other. Oregon St, Kansas and Vandy are all spending over $300 million to rebuild/renovate their stadiums. Mississippi State has a larger athletic budget and revenue stream than those schools.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Yes. I swear I had to move 100 times during the game for people going to the bathroom or concession. Too many people on the same row. Also some folks got deep pockets to go to the concession that much

Reactions: Han'some Jimmy

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Holy Crap, I have never noticed that before. It’s 90 ft at the longest point. That’s further than Will can throw a football***

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19
Aug 22, 2012
Yes. I swear I had to move 100 times during the game for people going to the bathroom or concession. Too many people on the same row. Also some folks got deep pockets to go to the concession that much
This all day long. My seats are at the end of a row in section 5 and for the second year in a row, the seats next to us aren't used - which is great for spreading out. The problem is that we have to move no less than 20 times a game for people who are constantly going back and forth to the concessions stands or restrooms. It really makes for a miserable experience and pisses me off. It got so bad last game that the family behind us asked if we wanted to move up and sit with them. Also, the chairbacks through the university make the matters worse, because they leave no leg room for anyone over 5'3" tall and if you have an *** wider than 12" you will be sitting on the plastic of each side of the seat.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
WE ARE AN ENGINEERING SCHOOL!!!

I want a large robotic arm that picks me up by the back of my pants and sets me in the walkway to the concourse.

Robot Arms Will Need to Learn to Balance Before They Can Build

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I was also in section 5. A whole bunch of seats empty next to us. So people would use that route to go out to the aisle.
Some idiot kept leaving and was so drunk he didnt remember where his seats were so he kept come back to our row.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Yes the West side needs a total revamp when it comes to upper deck, the ramps and Club level press box areas.
Our lower level seats on both sides is the stadium is the 2nd oldest in Div 1 so people have been putting up with this for years - since about 1920.
I have since 1974 but we need a lot of things, that ain’t one in the Top 10 in my opinion.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login