Hey, the perpetual bench warmer Begley made the floor!

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
He burned the hardwood for a full minute and was just about to go on a tear when time ran out.

OK, a little harsh, but seriously, I don't think I could ride the pine for 4 years knowing I had less than an ice cube's chance of starting or being a major contributor off the bench. Goes against the grain. Too much competitive salts I guess.

ram124

Oct 10, 2007
but I'd rather ride the pine at an SEC school than play for some D-2 or D-3 school.

B

BillBrasky10

That might have been the most useless piece of **** statement I have ever heard.

Why is it such a suprise that he put Begley in with a few seconds left? Im sure he realizes that he does not have a chance to play. If I had the opportunity and athletic ability to at make an SEC basketball team, I would take it up in an instant.

Todd04State

May 2, 2006
I would to- in any sport.

Actually, my dream walk-on position would be scout team QB. You would get the best of both worlds. You would get to dress out for the games because you can't have enough QB's "just in case". You wouldn't have to worry about embarassing your family by throwing a bunch of picks and getting your *** booed. Yet, you tangibly help the team by simulating the opponents offense. There would always be someone on the Internet who would have a man crush on you and claim that you are a great QB and "should get a look" even though you can only throw the ball 20 yards downfield. Plus, you get to tell chicks that you are a QB on the football team- and it's true!

The only bad thing is sometimes there is the possibility that you end up in a situation like David Morris in the 98 Egg Bowl where you have to be the QB and you really have no business on the field. You also could end up a folk hero like Mike Pizinski to, though.

Second favorite walk-on position- Crafty lefty pitcher on the baseball team that only plays during the midweek against the SWAC teams.

Third favorite- Walk-on PG gym rat that goes in at the end of blowouts and just jacks up 3 pointers.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login