Hey Zac Selmon....

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
How big are your balls? You are about to earn that paycheck after this baseball season is over.

You claim to understand just how much MSU baseball means to this fanbase, but I'm not sure if I believe that. If a dude like me didn't even tune into the last game of that Tennessee shitshow you know we have a big problem. This program will be back but Lemonis has lost the right to continue leading this program. It took me a while, but I'm there.

I love you all,

GOJ

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
How big are your balls? You are about to earn that paycheck after this baseball season is over.

You claim to understand just how much MSU baseball means to this fanbase, but I'm not sure if I believe that. If a dude like me didn't even tune into the last game of that Tennessee shitshow you know we have a big problem. This program will be back but Lemonis has lost the right to continue leading this program. It took me a while, but I'm there.

I love you all,

GOJ
🙄

Old Fart Dawg

Sep 2, 2012
Today’s move is pretty dramatic. In-season firings in college bb are rare. This is a ballsy business decision

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
Today’s move is pretty dramatic. In-season firings in college bb are rare. This is a ballsy athletic business decision
FIFY. The payout for Foxhall can't be that worrisome with an athletic budget north of $100M plus there are a few cigar boys wanting this move.

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
Today’s move is pretty dramatic. In-season firings in college bb are rare. This is a ballsy business decision
Is it? How is it ballsy? We've had the worst staff in the SEC for 2 years in a row and on track to miss postseason 2 years in a row. There's no way we should accept this no matter what this team did 2 years ago.

At this point, anything short of cleaning house would be dramatic to me. I care way too much about this **** to watch these guys blow another lead with a completely unprepared pitching staff.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Is it? How is it ballsy? We've had the worst staff in the SEC for 2 years in a row and on track to miss postseason 2 years in a row. There's no way we should accept this no matter what this team did 2 years ago.

At this point, anything short of cleaning house would be dramatic to me. I care way too much about this **** to watch these guys blow another lead with a completely unprepared pitching staff.
What other schools would even be discussing whether a coach with 2 straight single digit SEC wins should be fired or not? This is not a tough decision.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
May, June, July - months we have to sign new recruits, if I am not mistaken

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
What other schools would even be discussing whether a coach with 2 straight single digit SEC wins should be fired or not? This is not a tough decision.
You think foxhall should have been fired last year. That’s easy to say after this year, BUT firing him last year would have looked really bad.

He had several key injuries in a rebuilding year.

Without the value of hindsight there is very little justification in firing him last year.

Now you have hindsight so you are acting like you were smarter than most people last year.

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
Again, Selmon’s tenure won’t be judged on baseball. It’s small potatoes in the grand scheme of things.
That's right, you're the "baseball is small potatoes at MSU" guy. I just don't even know how to respond to someone who thinks MSU baseball isn't a big deal to MSU. Why don't you ask the small businesses in Starkville how important it is.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012

I love you all,

GOJ
You might as well speed through the 7 stages of grief, Lemon juice will be back season.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
That's right, you're the "baseball is small potatoes at MSU" guy. I just don't even know how to respond to someone who thinks MSU baseball isn't a big deal to MSU. Why don't you ask the small businesses in Starkville how important it is.
Lol. College baseball doesn’t mean a flying 17. I guess after finding out it lost $4MM last year we’ve resorted to “ask the small businesses”

campshelbydog1116

Oct 27, 2022
Lol. College baseball doesn’t mean a flying 17. I guess after finding out it lost $4MM last year we’ve resorted to “ask the small businesses”
Unfortunately, you are wrong about how he will be judged. We have a large group of idiots that don’t give a 17 about the sport that everyone else in the country gives a 17 about and would rather spend their money on propping up a sport that gets fewer views in the national title game than 3 am infomercials and loses millions of dollars a year. People can and should spend their money where they see fit, but we look like a bunch of idiots with the best baseball facilities on the planet while we don’t even have an IPF in football, are one of 3 teams in the conference with an open end zone (and yes we can enclose the thing without adding to capacity), and have an arch rival that spends twice the amount on football recruiting as we do. At least the exclusive club of 200 people get to grill out for 3 months with their buddies though.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
He is judged on the Ws and Ls and there have been too few of the former and too many of the latter. I don't give a flying M 17 about how he is judged from the outsiders. He is proving he is only a hitting coach.

Reactions: Joe Schmedlap

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
You think foxhall should have been fired last year. That’s easy to say after this year, BUT firing him last year would have looked really bad.

He had several key injuries in a rebuilding year.

Without the value of hindsight there is very little justification in firing him last year.

Now you have hindsight so you are acting like you were smarter than most people last year.
The results speak for themselves and that goes for Foxhall and Lemonis. They caught lightning in a bottle and then they let it out. Any other school that puts interest in baseball like State does wouldnt put up with this.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Unfortunately, you are wrong about how he will be judged. We have a large group of idiots that don’t give a 17 about the sport that everyone else in the country gives a 17 about and would rather spend their money on propping up a sport that gets fewer views in the national title game than 3 am infomercials and loses millions of dollars a year. People can and should spend their money where they see fit, but we look like a bunch of idiots with the best baseball facilities on the planet while we don’t even have an IPF in football, are one of 3 teams in the conference with an open end zone (and yes we can enclose the thing without adding to capacity), and have an arch rival that spends twice the amount on football recruiting as we do. At least the exclusive club of 200 people get to grill out for 3 months with their buddies though.
It looks like those 200 people brought a lot of friends with them.

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
Let me explain it to you this way. No matter how much money each sport makes/loses, Selmon's job is completely dependent on Mark Keenum, wealthy alumni who donate large sums to the University, and to a smaller extent the general fanbase who buy tickets. If they want him he stays, if they want him gone he will be gone.

Do you really think that the success of college baseball in Starkville Mississippi is "small potatoes" for Mark Keenum and wealthy MSU donors? If you're telling me that, then you have an asinine perception on the pulse of MSU.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
u mad bro troll GIF

Once you read the room, this is the only reason to make these posts.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
No, those are the people they tell to GTFO when they ask them if they can come hang out in their lounge spot. Now if they had on the other team’s colors, then they would be friends.
Cry more.

Do you think random people get to go sit on 50 yard line seats without a ticket?
Football club level? Sky box?

Lot of random msu fans get to sit in LFLs but you can’t just go and do it anytime you want to and you shouldn’t be able to. People put a lot of work into those things and spend a lot of money.

Some people just squeeze in, start eating and drinking like they own it. They are made to leave.

Reactions: Mjoelner

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
A lot of MSU fans like baseball and want to be good at it. Sorry it offends you so much.
Raise ticket prices about 200% so it will pay for itself and not be a drag on the rest of MSU Athletics. We will find out who are fans and who are the Social Club members.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Raise ticket prices about 200% so it will pay for itself and not be a drag on the rest of MSU Athletics. We will find out who are fans and who are the Social Club members.
We already know msu fans want what they want for as cheap as possible.

But increasing pricing by 200% probably wouldn’t be a smart financial move.

campshelbydog1116

Oct 27, 2022
Cry more.

Do you think random people get to go sit on 50 yard line seats without a ticket?
Football club level? Sky box?

Lot of random msu fans get to sit in LFLs but you can’t just go and do it anytime you want to and you shouldn’t be able to. People put a lot of work into those things and spend a lot of money.

Some people just squeeze in, start eating and drinking like they own it. They are made to leave.
You’re right it is premium seating so why doesn’t our school treat it as such from a pricing standpoint? It’s certainly not the fault of the LFL people that MSU has decided to sell premium tickets for dirt cheap. And yea, I buy club level MSU tickets for football but I can’t for baseball because people like our idiot bus driver have had LFL spots since the 70s and our school isn’t smart enough to take advantage of the position they are in regarding those seats and pricing. Meanwhile, the sport is costing the school millions of dollars a year. At least you and a couple hundred others get to enjoy your social club on the cheap cheap though. That’s what really matters here.

Last edited:

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
You’re right it is premium seating so why doesn’t our school treat it as such from a pricing standpoint? It’s certainly not the fault of the LFL people that MSU has decided to sell premium tickets for dirt cheap. And yea, I buy club level MSU tickets for football but I can’t for baseball because people like our idiot bus driver have had LFL spots since the 70s and our school isn’t smart enough to take advantage of the position they are in regarding those seats and pricing. Meanwhile, the sport is costing the school millions of dollars a year. At least you and a couple hundred others get to enjoy your social club on the cheap cheap though. That’s what really matters here.
Cry more

msualohadog

Oct 25, 2014
1. Football and baseball are not mutually exclusive. You can be good at both.
2. Not sure why all the comments about pressure on the AD. It's simple. May 22nd all he needs to do is call in coach and say thank you for your time and service. He's a friggin millionaire who knows how his profession works.

Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login