High Jumper from Mississippi

HereForTheSearch

Oct 23, 2023
Took silver in the jump off..could have shared the gold but decided to keep jumping. He went to Bama so serves him right

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Took silver in the jump off..could have shared the gold but decided to keep jumping. He went to Bama so serves him right

I don't understand that decision at all. They could have both had gold medals. It'll never matter to anyone that you shared a gold. You'll just have a 17'n gold medal for the rest of your life.

Nope, now you have a silver medal. Nice, but damn.

HereForTheSearch

Oct 23, 2023
I don't understand that decision at all. They could have both had gold medals. It'll never matter to anyone that you shared a gold. You'll just have a 17'n gold medal for the rest of your life.

I hear you on that but when you’re THAT competitive it’ll eat you alive.

Reactions: She Mate Me

HereForTheSearch

Oct 23, 2023
Yeah, that drug is hard to kick.
Yeah every time he gets introduced at various events it’d stick with him in the back of his mind I’m sure…the duo from Italy and Qatar were fine with it in 2021 but he clearly wasn’t

dog12

Sep 15, 2016

I can understand it. There's no way I'd ever agree to share the gold. I couldn't live with myself after making the decision to share. (just my opinion)

Also, BOTH jumpers would have to agree to share. If either one wants to compete, then the other has to compete.

Watching it live, the New Zealand jumper had a chance to win with his last jump and missed. The New Zealand jumper then walked over to the American jumper, and they both immediately decided to jump for the gold. No hesitation.

Obviously, the thought of a "shared" gold medal mattered to the two jumpers. Makes sense to me. I'd have done the same thing.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I can understand it. There's no way I'd ever agree to share the gold. I couldn't live with myself after making the decision to share. (just my opinion)

Also, BOTH jumpers would have to agree to share. If either one wants to compete, then the other has to compete.

Watching it live, the New Zealand jumper had a chance to win with his last jump and missed. The New Zealand jumper then walked over to the American jumper, and they both immediately decided to jump for the gold. No hesitation.

Obviously, the thought of a "shared" gold medal mattered to the two jumpers. Makes sense to me. I'd have done the same thing.

I'm not qualified to comment, but this is SPS, so I did. Obviously, I have never and will never reach a level of excellence in anything that these guys have in their event. It's a different level of commitment. So I get that they think differently.

But the two guys at the last Olympics in the same event decided to share it. So not everybody is the same, obviously.

It just struck me that they had both performed extremely well, were obviously fatigued based on all the misses, and were tied. I just don't think dropping the bar lower and seeing who can finally struggle over a lower height is the pinnacle of competition. Opinions will and do differ.

And he had no way of knowing (allegedly), but that gold would have put us 1 ahead of China. So he's clearly a communist.***

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login