Highfill’s Three-Homer Game Highlights Huge Week

JoelTColeman

May 24, 2013
Ross Highfill

Bulldogs have won five in a row.

More...

**These are automatic feeds from a Joel T. (Woo) Coleman Hail State RSS Feed. It reads from that feed and automatically posts new articles.**

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
From the linked article:

"That's the sign of a good club," Lemonis said. "Our guys are competing at a high level."

The MSU momentum couldn't have come at a better time as Southeastern Conference play begins this Friday in Kentucky, right after a pair of midweek games down in Biloxi.

It's a big week for the Bulldogs, and they'll enter it with smiles on their faces, feeling good about themselves thanks to Highfill and the others in Maroon and White that keep showing signs they're coming together and forming the team they know they have the talent to be.

"I think we're finding roles and guys are figuring out what they're going to be on this team," Highfill said. "I think that the chemistry that we have right now is really up there…I think we need to just keep the same momentum that we've got and the same rhythm and chemistry we have and attack like we always do."

I think this team is at a pretty critical stage. I don't think this preseason has defined the team's players and has really muddied up the water as to who the starters are and who they should be. It is still a work in progress and looks like it will take a few weeks of SEC play to get the roles defined. This can ruin some player's psyche and tear a team apart.

BB30

Feb 10, 2023
From the linked article:

"That's the sign of a good club," Lemonis said. "Our guys are competing at a high level."

The MSU momentum couldn't have come at a better time as Southeastern Conference play begins this Friday in Kentucky, right after a pair of midweek games down in Biloxi.

It's a big week for the Bulldogs, and they'll enter it with smiles on their faces, feeling good about themselves thanks to Highfill and the others in Maroon and White that keep showing signs they're coming together and forming the team they know they have the talent to be.

"I think we're finding roles and guys are figuring out what they're going to be on this team," Highfill said. "I think that the chemistry that we have right now is really up there…I think we need to just keep the same momentum that we've got and the same rhythm and chemistry we have and attack like we always do."

I think this team is at a pretty critical stage. I don't think this preseason has defined the team's players and has really muddied up the water as to who the starters are and who they should be. It is still a work in progress and looks like it will take a few weeks of SEC play to get the roles defined. This can ruin some player's psyche and tear a team apart.
It can, but it can also go the other way just as easily and the team figures it out and improves through sec play.

if this group has weathered the ups and downs (mostly downs) up to this point and still has good team chemistry that's a good sign that there isn't a lot of selfishness going on. That is what kills a team.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
This won't be a popular anecdote, but teams really ebb and flow during a season.

Ole Miss went from an early #1 ranking, to almost falling out of the NCAA tourney, to, well, you know...

And they were a veteran lineup.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I was busy yesterday and just checking scores and posts here.

Kinda amazing that I have to wait for Joel T to tell me a frosh hit 3 homers in a game the morning after. Lotta apathy round here...

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
It can, but it can also go the other way just as easily and the team figures it out and improves through sec play.

if this group has weathered the ups and downs (mostly downs) up to this point and still has good team chemistry that's a good sign that there isn't a lot of selfishness going on. That is what kills a team.
Agreed.

Guess my biggest worry is Dakota Jordan at this point. Obvious talent there but he went from playing Centerfield and batting third in game 1 to getting pinch hit for in a tight game when batting DH in the 6 hole and for another right handed batter. Definitely a balancing act there to get him ready.

The whole Catcher / First Base / DH thing is going to prove interesting now. Thirdbase in now up in the air also.

Hopefully your way is the way it goes.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login