Highlights from the game last night

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I still can't believe the mistake in left field. Glad to see Larry finally hit the ball. How many teams will walk Jordan in critical situations?

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I still can't believe the mistake in left field. Glad to see Larry finally hit the ball. How many teams will walk Jordan in critical situations?
Unless some things change I can see Jordan at LSU next season.

• Sad
Reactions: patdog

kired

Aug 22, 2008
That ball fooled them all, looks like it sliced towards LF a good bit. Was the wind blowing that way? It started off towards dead center. Hujsak and Cupp both were not headed anywhere near where it ending up falling.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
He'll go pro, unless someone gives him a bunch of money.... probably alot more than we'd be willing to pay... but it Will have nothing to do with stats. Pro scouts dont care about stats.

He would have been a high draft pick out of HS, He will be a high draft pick out of college. Much like Hunter Hines will be, regardless of what his stats end up this season. They both have tools the pro game covets.

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
He'll go pro, unless someone gives him a bunch of money.... probably alot more than we'd be willing to pay... but it Will have nothing to do with stats. Pro scouts dont care about stats.
He's expected to be a first rounder, potentially Top 15. No NIL deal could ever come close to that type of money.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
He's expected to be a first rounder, potentially Top 15. No NIL deal could ever come close to that type of money.
Didnt argue that. But for someone, a pile of money MIGHT keep them from entering the draft a year early. He's a draft eligible sophomore. He'll still have leverage after his junior season. So its not a slam dunk like some others that he wouldnt entertain the idea of staying in college instead of going to the minor leagues for a pile of money. If he enjoys the college experience and all... and still get a big pay day the following year.

I think he goes as well though.

Reactions: StateCollege

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
That ball fooled them all, looks like it sliced towards LF a good bit. Was the wind blowing that way? It started off towards dead center. Hujsak and Cupp both were not headed anywhere near where it ending up falling.
The ball dropped because the LF called off the SS (Cupp). The LF does have priority over the SS in the outfield grass, especially that deep. The LF just didn't get there and doubled down on his mistake by calling off Cupp who had a bead on it.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
The ball dropped because the LF called off the SS (Cupp). The LF does have priority over the SS in the outfield grass, especially that deep. The LF just didn't get there and doubled down on his mistake by calling off Cupp who had a bead on it.
From the replay the CF and SS were running to the same spot, then the ball landed about 10ft towards their right (to leftfield side). That's why I wondered if the wind caught it as it was coming down. Cupp was drifting back and still had a few steps to take if he was going to catch it.

Where it ended up was routine play for LF. He was there in plenty of time, hell it almost hit him when he slipped. He just pulled up thinking he was about to run into Cupp.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
From the replay the CF and SS were running to the same spot, then the ball landed about 10ft towards their right (to leftfield side). That's why I wondered if the wind caught it as it was coming down. Cupp was drifting back and still had a few steps to take if he was going to catch it.

Where it ended up was routine play for LF. He was there in plenty of time, hell it almost hit him when he slipped. He just pulled up thinking he was about to run into Cupp.
The fact Chance came out of the game.. tells me it was his misplay. We lack veteran leadership in the middle of the defense which hurts too.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
We left two big piles of dog poop on the field last night, I guess we were overdue. Hopefully they scoop that poop up before tonights game, would hate to see more brainless errors occur again.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012

I think that was more about the slice on the ball. Lots of pop ups that didn't seem to move very much in the wind.

But it was a weird play because it looked like Cupp was trying to make a play on the ball until the last second, and then the ball wasn't that close to him.

pmack3641

Aug 9, 2019
Unless some things change I can see Jordan at LSU next season.
Not sure if accurate but the announcer last said he‘ll be 21 and draft eligible this year. According to MLB he currently is rated at number 24, so the good news is he’s not heading to LSU or any other program.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login