Hijacked post

Dec 28, 2019
Saw it on another board but thought it was a very good post. Worthy of discussion. Inviting Art to come on in as consultant. We need all the help we can find and to hail with what folks think. He is no worse than plenty of other coaches. Maybe he can see things our staff is over looking ? Thoughts ?? Edited to add someone said it would be embarrassing but would it be more embarrassing than the way this team is getting bent over on national tv ??

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Saw it on another board but thought it was a very good post. Worthy of discussion. Inviting Art to come on in as consultant. We need all the help we can find and to hail with what folks think. He is no worse than plenty of other coaches. Maybe he can see things our staff is over looking ? Thoughts ?? Edited to add someone said it would be embarrassing but would it be more embarrassing than the way this team is getting bent over on national tv ??
Yeah…no. You’re just inviting scrutiny that could make things worse.

Reactions: PBRME

patdog

May 28, 2007
Nope. It's not like he would be able to do anything to help anyway. Unless he can magically produce better players and better assistant coaches by Saturday.

Reactions: Papapat.sixpack

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
That would be the dumbest thing we could possibly do, giving both the national media and our opponents ample and deserved ammunition to fire at us. It would also signal that our first time head coach is admitting he's in over his head, thus deteriorating any confidence people are putting in him. There's just no logical reason that we should even mention Art Briles in any way shape or form. Thus, I expect him to arrive on Tuesday.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
The apathy in me says...

do it jewish GIF

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I'd just as soon continue sucking.

Besides, if it was believed having him in the fold would result in any net positive outcome for a team, he would have had 25 offers by now.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

No.

If we're going to bring in somethings that stinks like a dead skunk to fix this it better be a sure thing.

He ain't that.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
I remember people thought less of us for hiring the Kang. Don’t really care how anything looks if we are getting better. I mean Freeze, Durkin and others are coaching and they’ve done slimy things.

Reactions: NTDawg and TheMSU15
Dec 28, 2019
Maybe we could put him in a hospital bed and roll him up and down the sidelines at practice. And also it's not like he ever had top notch players at any school he coached at

FreshAsHail

Nov 7, 2023
You realize it’s his father in law and that if he really wanted his help they can watch film together in private without making us look like complete dipshits
I bet they are already doing it. But Art can't wave a magic wand and give us talent on both sides of the line of scrimmage.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Can you, in your wildest dreams, imagine keenum signing off on that?

i can’t.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
The response here is as I suspected when I read the thread title.

Since all yall hypocrites like to throw stones "let's keep floundering in our misery before we hire an "sinner" like Adam, Isaac, Moses, King David, Solomon, or Saul."

People can change! I thank God everyday that He changed me!

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
The response here is as I suspected when I read the thread title.

Since all yall hypocrites like to throw stones "let's keep floundering in our misery before we hire an "sinner" like Adam, Isaac, Moses, King David, Solomon, or Saul."

People can change! I thank God everyday that He changed me!
Go read DawgatAuburns reply above. Thats why.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I remember people thought less of us for hiring the Kang. Don’t really care how anything looks if we are getting better. I mean Freeze, Durkin and others are coaching and they’ve done slimy things.
You can't even begin to compare the worst anyone ever thought of Jackie Sherrill to Art Briles.