Hokies' board on 247 just like ours was last year for Napier

TheStateUofMS

Dec 26, 2009
He's their #1 choice right now. He's holding out on them. He's flirted with every school, but keeps holding out. TCU mods say Napier was holding out for UF job.

Would be funny if VT ended up with Mullen. I don't think that would be bad for them though. Mullen does have some support on their boards. Not a ton though.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I suspect that might be a job he takes this time.

I’m thinking Bryan Kelly ends up at LSU. I’m thinking Fickel goes to Notre Dame or USC.

Gundy might move on finally.

vandaldawg

Feb 23, 2008
I’m beginning to wonder if Napier is one of those things whose value is inflated by scarcity,

Aug 3, 2019
Mullen would work a lot better in Blacksburg. He prefers developing 2 and 3-stars, and VA Tech has thrived for decades on those kind of players.

Another place where Mullen would work is TCU. Gary Patterson won big there, and TCU has a reputation as a blue-collar football program. Don't know if Meghan would like shopping at HEB.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
His ego couldn't take TCU

Mullen would work a lot better in Blacksburg. He prefers developing 2 and 3-stars, and VA Tech has thrived for decades on those kind of players.

Another place where Mullen would work is TCU. Gary Patterson won big there, and TCU has a reputation as a blue-collar football program. Don't know if Meghan would like shopping at HEB.

He'd be the guy after the guy (statue already there) and would always be compared to him. Would drive Mullen insane.

was21

May 29, 2007
Agree. Like him or not, Mullen is primarily a teacher which a good corch is. He's not a ******** artist like a lot of successful recruiters are. He's also a complex man.

tatedog

Mar 28, 2015
I'm kind of surprised that VT is so hot and heavy for Napier since the coach they just fired was a one hit wonder mid major success.

Frankly if I was the admin at VT, I'd throw the check book at the guy at Wake Forest. The talent level at VT would be a slight upgrade over what he's winning with at Wake and he's proven he can win in the conference with less.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2007

For whatever reason—no H-E-B in DFW. They did open a Central Market up there, though. There might not be one farther north than Waco.

The Mullen to VT thing seems plausible.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login