Holy Moly - Krogers in Jxn offering organic milk - NSFW

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
My OT takeaway is: there are security guards at a Kroger? I read all the bad reports about Jackson on here, but I can honestly say that I have never seen a security guard at a grocery store on the coast.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
My OT takeaway is: there are security guards at a Kroger? I read all the bad reports about Jackson on here, but I can honestly say that I have never seen a security guard at a grocery store on the coast.
There’s a security guard at ours in Hernando.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
A lot of Cracktown businesses are forced to pay private security to be visible as a deterrent not only for actual criminal behavior on their premises, but also to act as a deterrent to that element of crook known as plaintiffs' attorneys.

StarkDog98

Nov 11, 2023
Man it’s Jackson. It’s damn near a 3rd world country at times.

Reactions: 3dawgnight

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Mental health in this country is getting worse.
Not just mental health. Western civ peaked likely in the 80s, been a slow descent since, unlikely to change course. Go watch the movie Idiocracy, it's set 500 years in the future, I think we'll be there in a much shorter time period. No one political party to blame (both are terrible), people are just getting dumber and lazier.

Reactions: KentuckyDawg13

3dawgnight

Aug 27, 2012
It looks like the implants are successfully resisting gravity but the skin is melting off ‘em.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
It’s drugs. When someone’s reality is bad enough, using drugs becomes rational. Need to not only treat the symptoms but also create legitimate pathways to turning lives around

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Our grocery store got a security guard a year ago and I have yet to understand why.
By what little this guard does every time I am in the store, his talents seem to largely be wasted.
There were no issues for the decade leading up to this guy being hired and there have been no issues since. I asked a long time employee about the guard and he said he couldn't think of when the security guard has had to flex and pull out the pepper spray.

Guy just stands around and talks to workers while they stock shelves or ring up stamps.

Beretta.sixpack

Oct 29, 2009
We lived in NE Jackson from 04-15 and that was where we went Krogering...it's in the city of jackson and sits right on I55....been security there since i can remember.....also, has a small gathering for coffee goers each morning which includes James Meredith....at least when I lived there...

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
Not just mental health. Western civ peaked likely in the 80s, been a slow descent since, unlikely to change course. Go watch the movie Idiocracy, it's set 500 years in the future, I think we'll be there in a much shorter time period. No one political party to blame (both are terrible), people are just getting dumber and lazier.
I too feel society has peaked, and we are slowly going downhill. 1998 was the peak year though.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
We lived in NE Jackson from 04-15 and that was where we went Krogering...it's in the city of jackson and sits right on I55....been security there since i can remember.....also, has a small gathering for coffee goers each morning which includes James Meredith....at least when I lived there...
That coffee klatsch has had no shortage of creamer lately

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006

Back in the day, my family owned and operated a grocery store.

You think people are crazy now? I’d argue they were even more so in the 70s and 80s…

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
Back in the day, my family owned and operated a grocery store.

You think people are crazy now? I’d argue they were even more so in the 70s and 80s…
Had a conversation with a friend a couple weeks ago when he was complaining about bad drivers and specifically how many people are driving the wrong way through parking lots now.

I told him (similar to your point) that people have always been stupid, there are just a hell of a lot more people now.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login