Holy S H I T!

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
They're administering CPR to a player in this NFL game. Just an awful situation. Wasn't even a big hit.

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
They're administering CPR to a player in this NFL game. Just an awful situation. Wasn't even a big hit.
Hope some unknown medical condition didn’t just get found the wrong way. Surely he wouldn’t have something like A Fib or an aneurism.

I’ve seen someone fall after their heart stopped and it was identical to that. Mid sentence just dropped.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
With the way they’re now suspending play indefinitely, that doesn’t give me the feeling that the current prognosis is good at all.

This is unbelievable

Ptolemy

Aug 23, 2014
Looks like it could have been "commotio cordis". When a strong blunt force strikes the heart it ceases to function. Not the greatest prognosis. Needs fast CPR/AED. Im reading on twitter he got ROSC (return of pulse) but still not breathing on his own. Prayers to him. You have to call the game at this point.

Reactions: onewoof

StumpNewGround

Dec 9, 2022
Looks like it could have been "commotio cordis". When a strong blunt force strikes the heart it ceases to function. Not the greatest prognosis. Needs fast CPR/AED. Im reading on twitter he got ROSC (return of pulse) but still not breathing on his own. Prayers to him. You have to call the game at this point.
I saw the hit. It didn’t look any worse than any other hit I’ve seen today. Looked like a routine play.

Reactions: ThreeDawgNight

Ptolemy

Aug 23, 2014
Oh I agree, It just takes the right hit in the right place. Ive seen it with a pitcher getting a baseball to the chest. I am also not saying I know exactly what happened. Just a high probability. I hope I am wrong and that he comes out the other side just fine. Luckily for him CPR and AED were immediately available.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
With the way they’re now suspending play indefinitely, that doesn’t give me the feeling that the current prognosis is good at all.

This is unbelievable
Agree. It really doesn't seem good at all. He's been taken to a Level 1 Trauma Center in Cincinnati.

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
Agree. It really doesn't seem good at all. He's been taken to a Level 1 Trauma Center in Cincinnati.
Well… if it’s possibly commotio cortis, I know it’s nothing you want to happen, but with the immediate medical intervention.. it seems like that is one of the preferential things at this point. At least vs something like a clot, a dissection, etc.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I have a feeling this may impact how NFL players are assessed before and during the season by the medical staff. It's a very bad situation and it's hard to believe something hasn't already happened even close to this bad simply because there's been so many football games in the NFL level. That's saying something really good about their current medical evaluation they perform but now they may have something new they need to check players out for during the season and in between seasons.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I saw a report that the guy's vitals have returned to normal but they have him intubated and are running tests.

I really hope he's alright. Not something you want to see.
Heard the same late last night, and that was great news. I told my wife that it had an eerily similar feel to the Leach situation. When a couple hours had passed without anything being released, I said that it was probably because there was no good news to share. I’m thankful I was wrong

patdog

May 28, 2007
I saw a report that the guy's vitals have returned to normal but they have him intubated and are running tests.

I really hope he's alright. Not something you want to see.
That is much better news than I thought I'd wake up to this morning. Scary situation and he still needs everyone's prayers. But a lot better than it was looking last night.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login