Honest answers for Honest question

I am Al Czervik

Mar 3, 2008
whose shoes would you rather be in now: your's with NCAA win and then loss or UM's with NIT final four birth. This helps settle an argument for me.
We needed this more than ya'll did, but I think ya'll would still like to be playing.

DovaDawg

Aug 28, 2007
I have yet to hear anything about the NIT except for tonight when watching the McD game and they ran through the scores as a plug for the "NIT Final 66-67-68-69." I would much rater be in ours and play 2 in the NCAA rather than play in the best of the rest tournament.

and yes, I would still like to be playing .... in the Sweet Sixteen.
Do you think that Georgetown, USC, Duke, etc are sitting at home right now thinking "Damn. I wish we were in the NIT so we could still be playing"

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
If a team is playing on their home court or MSG in March, it aint a real tournament.

saddawg

Jun 25, 2006
Uhhhh, been there and done that. The Dance by far.

skydawg1

Jul 31, 2007
Seriously?? I'd rather be the loser of the "play in game" than be an NIT semi-finalist. Besides, we were there last year. Enjoy New York in the early Spring.

RebelBruiser

Aug 21, 2007
I agree. Losing in the NCAA first round by 20 beats winning the NIT any day. I'd have rather been in the NCAA, but I do think the NIT will be a good experience for our young guys going forward. I could care less if we win the damn thing. South Carolina proved that winning it means nothing. But I think the extra competition will be good for the confidence of our younger players. They haven't had a road win against a team nearly as quality as Va. Tech all year. Just getting that should give them a little bit of confidence for next year, when we'll be playing games that matter again.

benatmsu

May 28, 2007
an Ole Miss Fan. Guy said "Man, I'm so glad we didn't make it to the CWS. I would much rather lose in the Super Regional than be 2 and out in the CWS like y'all"

Uh.....what? Run that by me again...

DovaDawg

Aug 28, 2007
skydawg1 said:
Seriously?? I'd rather be the loser of the "play in game" than be an NIT semi-finalist. Besides, we were there last year. Enjoy New York in the early Spring.

Really, even the play in teams have a shot, be it small, at a national championship.
</p>

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
reasons:

1. you guys were winning everything early on, were decently ranked, and this was followed up by one road win in the SEC and now you are birthed into the NIT final four. in my book i call that a huge let down.

2. we went from a mediocre start, to a nice SEC run, and then a solid win over Oregon followed up by a 3 point loss to Memphis. it was a let down but not anywhere near the colossal egg you guys laid this year.

this is not to mention that the NIT's only real value is much needed experience for younger players.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login