Honest question about OM play calling

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Wtf was Kiffin doing? Did they not watch any film on our defense? They spent more than half the game trying to force the ball thru the middle of our defense instead of even attempting to challenge us deep. I haven’t watched them at all this year but is that their normal offense? Does dart have a noodle arm too? They went 14-26 passing against a team that allowed nearly 70% completions. Looked almost like a Barbay scheme. They’d have been screwed if they didn’t have Judkins

Just curious.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Ole Miss doesn’t run that many different plays. Have a few base running and passing plays you run well then work in a few situational plays and one or two opponent specific plays( the pass play to the TE for the TD). That’s all you need.

Last edited:
Reactions: patdog

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Also, Dart hasn’t been 100% for a while.

Yeah Dart not being healthy is the only reason that would justify that plan. I was expecting way more aggression and for Kiffin to go for a 45-0 type win.

Jacknut

Sep 29, 2022
They went deep a couple of times and surprisingly we were all over it. And yes, Dart was not 100%.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I just thought we played an incredible game on defense. It was the first time this season that the Rebs have not scored in their first three possessions. I think we should be really proud of our defense and could have scored more if we had been healthy at QB and Running Back. You could see that Will could not make that deep out throw. He was money ona throw he didn’t have that hard of an angle.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Dart was off last night for the most part. That dude is a baller though. I'll give him that. He nutted up when he had to.

You could tell that hit he took affected him more than he tried to let on. He did ask for it letting his balls over play his brain for a few runs. We will see if he has any longer effects.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Wtf was Kiffin doing? Did they not watch any film on our defense? They spent more than half the game trying to force the ball thru the middle of our defense instead of even attempting to challenge us deep. I haven’t watched them at all this year but is that their normal offense? Does dart have a noodle arm too? They went 14-26 passing against a team that allowed nearly 70% completions. Looked almost like a Barbay scheme. They’d have been screwed if they didn’t have Judkins

Just curious.
I didn't get that either. I would have been throwing the ball downfield.

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
It's tough to game plan when you're job shopping.
Its either that or Kiffin likes playing with his food. As much as he goes for it on 4th down, I was fully expecting 2 deep shots every series of downs and if they would have done that, I think the scoreboard would have burned out.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
I think he turned up the play calling when needed. He was pretty conservative until we scored.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
dart is hurt. Their o line is as bad at pass blocking as ours. Our DBs stepped up big time except for Preston's brain fart. Our kickers suck.

Wesson Bulldog

Nov 3, 2015
The whole game felt like an old-timey field position game waiting for your opponent to make a mistake or blink first. Both teams game-planned to shorten the game.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
That looked about right to me. Every time I tune in to watch Ole Miss I’m left wondering what the hype is about. They looked decent, just a little bit better than last year. Decent is all a team needed to win big in the SEC this year and our boneheaded staff couldn’t put anything together. I feel like they should have sent the OC packing with Arnette and let Will run the air raid for a couple of games. It couldn’t have gone any worse than what we got.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login