Honest thoughts on Ark

Ballyhoo77

Aug 13, 2021
I can’t figure out if they really wanna be something or not. It is clear Pittman ain’t the guy, but it is almost like they have accepted mediocrity, or less than that. If they don’t make a change, their burried

Last edited:

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
They will be better this year. Boosters committed money to basketball but so so investment in football. I think they go 6-6

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I can’t figure out if they really wanna be something or not. It is clear Pittman ain’t the guy, but it is almost like they have accepted mediocrity, or less than that. If they don’t make a change, their burried
His azz is as hot as a bung the morning after a Carolina Reaper Festival. He is gone before the season ends like Arnett if he doesn't perform

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Thought this was going to be an SPS vacation review after somebody got back from Kentucky.

View attachment 596595
I actually went to this back in the spring. As a lifelong woodworker the construction was amazing. The tour not so much. You have to read all the displays, small letters and large crowds so it was difficult to get close and stay long enough to read everything. The people flow wasn’t very flowing. Plus the accompanying Creation Museum is like 40 miles away, we skipped it. Some of the theorys they put forth to explain the dinosaurs and other things science has proven pre biblical times are a little far fetched.

Reactions: patdog

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
That's a pretty tough schedule. I'm seeing 4-8 again.
petrino hand picked the qb from Boise, they added some players, stud rb from Utah , o line , defense. they’ve got some receivers. Yea it’s a brutal schedule. they will be decent. I have then 6-6, could go 5-7. if they go 4-8 Sam will be gone. Oklahoma State game will give a good idea, that and the game against Auburn.

patdog

May 28, 2007
petrino hand picked the qb from Boise, they added some players, stud rb from Utah , o line , defense. they’ve got some receivers. Yea it’s a brutal schedule. they will be decent. I have then 6-6, could go 5-7. if they go 4-8 Sam will be gone. Oklahoma State game will give a good idea, that and the game against Auburn.
Those games are big. Unfortunately for Ark, they’re both on the road. If both at home, I’d be a lot more on board with 6-6.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
They have been tolerant , but I think they really like Sam.
Last Rodeo, without significant progress. IMO.

Last edited:

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Those games are big. Unfortunately for Ark, they’re both on the road. If both at home, I’d be a lot more on board with 6-6.
I can see them beating okie state if Petrino has that offense humming like he did with mallet. Okie state always has good offense and garbage defense. Auburn is going to be pretty good, doubt they win that. 5-7 sounds about right

Reactions: patdog

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Petrino had Arkansas a top 10 team with Mallet , almost beat Bama on the road. then he started focusing on motorcycles and his secretary.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Overall it is a nice state. You can draw a line from Jonesboro to Hot Springs. Anything NW of that line is woods, pretty lakes and mountains. Pretty country.

East of that line... is good hunting and fishing. But Arkansas doesn't seem to be as enamored with the "delta" as Mississippi is. Which I tend to understand their point of view better.

Reactions: [email protected]

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
If we don’t beat them in Starkville this year, we’re in deep ****.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
My prediction is Petrino is back in the head job by mid year. Pittman is sent to the buffet line.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Thought this was going to be an SPS vacation review after somebody got back from Kentucky.

View attachment 596595
I was gonna come here and post that I think The Ark was a fantastic ship and made for a great establishing shot, but I don’t understand how it had the technology to rebuild and repair the Autobots after millions of years, but not itself.

1719238500309.png

NWADog

Aug 16, 2014
Arkansas needs a coach that goes heavy portal like Kiffin. Arkansas does not have good talent coming out of high school compared to surrounding states. They’ll win 4-5 games this year and Pittman will be gone.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
State is going to have to win that game if they want to have a chance to get bowl eligible.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
Overall it is a nice state. You can draw a line from Jonesboro to Hot Springs. Anything NW of that line is woods, pretty lakes and mountains. Pretty country.

East of that line... is good hunting and fishing. But Arkansas doesn't seem to be as enamored with the "delta" as Mississippi is. Which I tend to understand their point of view better.
In terms of culture, history, super intelligent and friendly good people, Mississippi's Delta makes Arkansas's delta non existent.

My Dad born in '41 said there was a time when only The Delta and Gulf Coast had dance halls parties that served alcohol in Mississippi. Of course my Dad was always buzzed so TIFWIW.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login