Honestly, where do we go from here?

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
Complete crossroads for everyone involved. Alum, coaches, students recruits and AD.

Which direction do we HONESTLY want to invest in? No one likes throwing away money….especially the poorest people in the country, allegedly. Something has to give in a time within the take. MSU does not give nor do we take, compared to our foes. Football is the bread. So we must be proactive to the most profitable crop and its yield.

We are an AG school…and athletics depend upon the yield of our football team, yet we turn a blind eye to our field, deplete it of seed and continually under irrigate our fruit.

It’s ironic and poetic…..but ultimately a sad story with no baskets to bear in site. What will it take?

We have the infrastructure in place…the passion of a fan base….space, upon a wonderful campus…..but what’s missing?

What’s missing is the taste of chance. The hope of a title. The will of competition against foes upon our shelf.

The south has been reconstructing for 100 years or more….but most of the States have broken the chains, added stellar infrastructure, commercial advantages and retained the greatest resources, per its geographical locations.

MS has failed us. Year after year, company after chances upon chance. We are as much of a geographical nuance as we were 130 years ago. Our States greatest asset are the Blues….which come from the dwelling and bowels of the unfortunate.

Our local and State leaders have failed us….our capital is an embarrassment….our state is divided up worse than a JR high lunch room……with no end in site.

We have our beloved leaders betraying us/abandoning us…..Coinz, Farvre, Sanders, Loafers, Ninja, Mullen…..all of our top talent…we are a stepping stone with nothing to grasp, no hope.

Am I proud to be from MS, Yes.
Am I happy here, glancing upon my family’s future, hell no.

This is all linked towards the overall attitudes and priorities of our leaders and our past. The entire country continues to portray our incompetence…push the agenda of failure and highlight our low lights. The proof is in the pudding and I don’t have a remedy.

The entire state needs a napalm and I gladly sacrifice my beings to watch it wash over my ashes….as long as it means a new crop, stable and workable state government and most of all, a leader. We need a leader.

Last edited:

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Airplane Calm Down GIF by Harborne Web Design Ltd

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
Complete crossroads for everyone involved. Alum, coaches, students recruits and AD.

Which direction do we HONESTLY want to invest in? No one likes throwing away money….especially the poorest people in the country, allegedly. Something has to give in a time within the take. MSU does not give nor do we take, compared to our foes. Football is the bread. So we must be proactive to the most profitable crop and its yield.

We are an AG school…and athletics depend upon the yield of our football team, yet we turn a blind eye to our field, deplete it of seed and continually under irrigate our fruit.

It’s ironic and poetic…..but ultimately a sad story with no baskets to bear in site. What will it take?

We have the infrastructure in place…the passion of a fan base….space, upon a wonderful campus…..but what’s missing?

What’s missing is the taste of chance. The hope of a title. The will of competition against foes upon our shelf.

The south has been reconstructing for 100 years or more….but most of the States have broken the chains, added stellar infrastructure, commercial advantages and retained the greatest resources, per its geographical locations.

MS has failed us. Year after year, company after chances upon chance. We are as much of a geographical nuance as we were 130 years ago. Our States greatest asset are the Blues….which come from the dwelling and bowels of the unfortunate.

Our local and State leaders have failed us….our capital is an embarrassment….our state is divided up worse than a JR high lunch room……with no end in site.

We have our beloved leaders betraying us/abandoning us…..Coinz, Farvre, Sanders, Loafers, Ninja, Mullen…..all of our top talent…we are a stepping stone with nothing to grasp, no hope.

This is all linked towards the overall attitudes and priorities of our leaders and our past. The entire country continues to portray our incompetence…push the agenda of failure and highlight our low lights. The proof is in the pudding and I don’t have a remedy.

The entire state needs a napalm and I gladly sacrifice my beings to watch it wash over my ashes….as long as it means a new crop, stable and workable state government and most of all, a leader. We need a leader.

Okay. I'll play.

I have two ideas for how Mississippi can improve. Really, these two ideas could apply for any state/city.

#1 - We have to figure out ways to increase the number of fathers that live in homes with their families. It won't be easy, but if we can do this, then our communities will improve in many ways.

#2 - We have to figure out how to increase the number and quality of jobs that are available to our residents. (I assume that many Mississippi residents leave the state to take better jobs (or, any job) elsewhere???)

Reactions: preacher_dawg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
- Football: Innovate with a niche offense, play good defense like we always have, be good enough;
- Basketball: INVEST HERE !!!!!! Big money to be made;
- Baseball: We are winners here so we salvage a little self esteem.

AD needs to have a mission statement for these 3 programs, as well as a recruiting strategy and an NIL strategy. And stick to it, no matter the coach, no matter the situation. Recruiting, for the most part, will consist of developing local players at the high school level, using JUCOs, using the portal to get G5 stars and talented P5 bench warmers who want to play, and using NIL to compensate our proven players.

As far as the state goes, I think TateR is on the right track with the economic development and the capital district. But we are fragmented, so getting people to buy in takes time, and we have no self-esteem as a state. Very, very difficult.

Reactions: preacher_dawg

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007

Cool, we can deal with all that schit later but for now we need to get our QB situation resolved**

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012

Been reading John Milton, have we?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login