Hope for the future

RiceDawg

Aug 13, 2017
I understand the angst and frustration that exists in the state right now. Ole Miss is having a historic season and the dogs had an average season with high highs and low lows. The good news is this: they’re going in the right direction, just a little bit slower. Can anyone objectively say that they don’t like the way that things are being handled with MSU football right now? We have to be patient, but I believe that they are close to a 10-2 of their own.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
You're being too obvious. Don't lead out of the gate with a post like that.

Bulldogg31

Dec 9, 2013
I understand the angst and frustration that exists in the state right now. Ole Miss is having a historic season and the dogs had an average season with high highs and low lows. The good news is this: they’re going in the right direction, just a little bit slower. Can anyone objectively say that they don’t like the way that things are being handled with MSU football right now? We have to be patient, but I believe that they are close to a 10-2 of their own.

What is the purpose of your visit?

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Yep, football is over till Sept 3, 2022 except for a few practices and a scrimmage game w/ Tech for which the SEC will receive a big check, give us our stipend and then pass along the rest to everyone else. On to baseball for me

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I am not frustrated. Our baseball team just won a NC. Football team is going to it's 12th consecutive bowl. The basketball team is above average. I don't give a **** about Ole Miss. So don't speak for me.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
I am not frustrated. Our baseball team just won a NC. Football team is going to it's 12th consecutive bowl. The basketball team is above average. I don't give a **** about Ole Miss. So don't speak for me.

Ditto.

Shortly after Thanksgiving I was walking in my neighborhood wearing State gear while listening to a podcast and some random guy in the neighborhood said something to me but I couldn’t hear him, I stopped took out my earbuds and he said “always next year” with a goofy grin on his face regarding the egg bowl. I said yeah just being polite but in my head I was thinking we are National Champions this year, this is a great year, the best year and I was also thinking 17 you because I think he was a passive aggressive ole miss douche bag.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
LOL Been a lot of trolls through here lately but I've got to give it to you...you're as bad at it as I've seen.

Bulldogg31

Dec 9, 2013

A historic season? How? Because they won more games than they ever have? Big deal.

Your celebratory statement is simply proof of the historic mediocrity of that program. They’ve still never won a National Championship, never won the SEC West, never been to Atlanta, never been to the Final Four.

They’ve never done anything of note except embarrass the state of Mississippi by lying, cheating, and cutting corners all while longing for days gone by when not everyone was allowed to play. They are a blight on the state of Mississippi and they always will be.

RiceDawg

Aug 13, 2017
I love how 40 percent of the respondents believe that I am an Ole Miss troll

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
I want to be positive but I’ll stay in a holding pattern for now. Stupid mistakes continued throughout the season and cost the team several wins. That stuff has to stop or this team cannot get over the hump because I cannot see them having enough talent to overcome huge mistakes. MSU’s problems have nothing to do with the Dead Confederates.

Aug 22, 2012

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
It's going to be hard to get to a lot of us, friend. That national championship changed many a mindset, among poor lil ole moo fans. You guys should try it sometime.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016

Angst? Frustration? Over Ole Miss's "historic" season?

WTF are you talking about?

Firstly, I've personally experienced exactly zero angst and zero frustration with Ole Miss. In my opinion, Ole Miss had the better football team this season. Certainly, the score board demonstrated that. Regardless, life goes on. We (i.e., the Mississippi State football team) should be working every day to improve each of our individual football players and our overall football team as a whole.

Secondly, I'm not sure that I would identify Ole Miss's football season as "historic." In my opinion, Ole Miss's football season qualifies as "very good" or "really nice," but not "historic."

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Just go back and look at how many of your posts are concerning The Egg Bowl, Kiffen, and the University of Northern MS

patdog

May 28, 2007
My hope is that stupid trolls will get tired of looking like such obvious idiots and leave.

RiceDawg

Aug 13, 2017
A lot of you need to take your tin foil hats off. I am a bulldog. Graduated from MSU last April. Just because my posts were about Kiffin or my thoughts on the egg bowl doesn’t make me some Ole Miss troll. I have had this page since 2017 and didn’t decide to post at all until recently. I don’t suppose anything I say will change anyone’s opinion on where I stand. I’m sorry that I have angered so many of you.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I honestly don't understand why this thread became a pile on. Seems nonsensical.

Head up, move on.

bulldogbaja

Dec 18, 2007
Literally no one else feels that way. I would not trade our athletics program for Ole Miss’ right now, nor would most of our fans. Conversely I bet there are a fair number of OM fans that would take our Natty, prestige, and overall athletic success any day.

Bulldogg31

Dec 9, 2013
A lot of you need to take your tin foil hats off. I am a bulldog. Graduated from MSU last April. Just because my posts were about Kiffin or my thoughts on the egg bowl doesn’t make me some Ole Miss troll. I have had this page since 2017 and didn’t decide to post at all until recently. I don’t suppose anything I say will change anyone’s opinion on where I stand. I’m sorry that I have angered so many of you.

Pro tip: stop mentioning and referring to the lesser programs in this state. You will make better friends and influence more people.

Taz_Man

Nov 9, 2017
Eh don't let it get to you. You don't need anyone to validate whether you are a fan or not.

muddawgs

Aug 22, 2012
Ditto.

Shortly after Thanksgiving I was walking in my neighborhood wearing State gear while listening to a podcast and some random guy in the neighborhood said something to me but I couldn’t hear him, I stopped took out my earbuds and he said “always next year” with a goofy grin on his face regarding the egg bowl. I said yeah just being polite but in my head I was thinking we are National Champions this year, this is a great year, the best year and I was also thinking 17 you because I think he was a passive aggressive ole miss douche bag.

I had a similar experience with an Ole Miss fan. I was shopping with the wife with a Mississippi State shirt on and some random Ole Miss fan approached me with a big smile on his face. They said Are you guys upset about losing the egg bowl? I said naw I’ve been a Mississippi State fan almost my whole life. I’ve seen a lot of losing. Plus, my family and I went out to Omaha and watched Mississippi State win their first baseball National Championship, so we are still riding that high and it’s been a good year. The smile left his face and he looked away and said yeah and walked off. So even when they have a historic year in football and win the egg bowl, you can still ruin their day.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login