Hope RaRa is ready to ride the pine next year

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
UGA is loaded at receiver. He may be 4th or 5th team at best. Not even taking into consideration that they throw to the TE just as much as the WRs.

Reactions: cytubb and patdog

lazlow

Jul 9, 2009
Uga needs two guys to catch passes....McConkey & Bowers. Pretty sure both are sophies.

And for whatever reason no one has EVER defended McConkey. He's open in the endzone on every play.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
Hope Rara got paid well because I will be surprised if he gets a lot of playing time. Georgia is loaded pretty much everywhere.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I don't blame him for leaving our "air raid" as most passes are underneath (and with another year of Will that won't change). He probably wanted to put some tape down of him going deep (and obviously get some NIL $ and have a chance at a natty).

I doubt they'd signed him and paid him if they didn't think he'd be a contributor.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I wouldn't root against RaRa, but I can't say I understand leaving a Top 20 program that helped make you into the WR you are to sit the bench and catch 10 or so passes at Georgia.
From what I was told, he is looking for immediate payday and thinks he is OBJ part 2

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I don't blame him for leaving our "air raid" as most passes are underneath (and with another year of Will that won't change). He probably wanted to put some tape down of him going deep (and obviously get some NIL $ and have a chance at a natty).

I doubt they'd signed him and paid him if they didn't think he'd be a contributor.
I think UGA can afford to take a flyer on somebody with his upside. I wouldn't expect it to work out, but he does have the potential.

I guess the worst case scenario is he gets a nice little payday now (no clue what it is; wouldn't think they would have paid what he asked for a likely backup, but who knows) and in a couple of years tries to make the NFL based on measurables when he doesn't have a ton of good film out there.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
UGA is loaded at receiver. He may be 4th or 5th team at best. Not even taking into consideration that they throw to the TE just as much as the WRs.
To be crystal clear, I wish RaRa was still an MSU bulldog, and I wish him the best as long as he’s not playing State.

With that said, at no point in my life have I ever once watched him play and thought to myself… man, this kid could be playing for the 2-time national champs. He’s just not that level of player.

was21

May 29, 2007
NIL must have been worth it to him. OTOH if they're that deep, why would they give him a great NIL deal

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
To be crystal clear, I wish RaRa was still an MSU bulldog, and I wish him the best as long as he’s not playing State.

With that said, at no point in my life have I ever once watched him play and thought to myself… man, this kid could be playing for the 2-time national champs. He’s just not that level of player.
But will Stetson or McConkey play at the next level though? Probably not at all

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Maybe GA took him to keep him from going to another team they have to face. If you have the space and money do the old Bear Byrant trick.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
I think UGA can afford to take a flyer on somebody with his upside. I wouldn't expect it to work out, but he does have the potential.

I guess the worst case scenario is he gets a nice little payday now (no clue what it is; wouldn't think they would have paid what he asked for a likely backup, but who knows) and in a couple of years tries to make the NFL based on measurables when he doesn't have a ton of good film out there.
Yep, Georgia has money to burn. He's definitely worth taking a flyer on for them if they have the available scholarship.

BA Dog

Nov 4, 2021
We basically swapped with Georgia. Robinson last year for Thomas this year. They look about the same talent wise to me(maybe Rara is faster?) and Robinson transferred here for playing time. My guess is that Rara will not be happy with his playing time, right away at least, either.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
NIL must have been worth it to him. OTOH if they're that deep, why would they give him a great NIL deal
You're right but a great NIL deal at State is not the same as a great NIL deal at UGA. In other words, there was a number that was too high for us, but chump change to Uga. So he took it.

It's a good illustration of the gap between the elites and the rest of us. In my mind there is an NIL societal pyramid where there are a handful of elites, a whole bunch of middle class (us and the bulk of P5), then the working poor.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Yep, Georgia has money to burn. He's definitely worth taking a flyer on for them if they have the available scholarship.
This could lead to a throwback to the old days....in the old days when there were no scholarship limits, blue bloods would give scholarships just to keep players from going to rival schools. I could see a scenario like that now with NIL....it may be worth it to a Georgia to buy and stash a guy to suppress talent on other teams.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Are the backups at Bama getting drafted in the NFL and making rosters over the last 8 years? There's your litmus to see if non feature players can play sparingly and still make it up

was21

May 29, 2007
You're right but a great NIL deal at State is not the same as a great NIL deal at UGA. In other words, there was a number that was too high for us, but chump change to Uga. So he took it.

It's a good illustration of the gap between the elites and the rest of us. In my mind there is an NIL societal pyramid where there are a handful of elites, a whole bunch of middle class (us and the bulk of P5), then the working poor.
Maybe we'll see the overthrow of the bourgouise (sp) by the proletariate before it ends. ala Karl Marx

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I don't wanna be a jealous but I hope he regrets leaving State and everyone knows it. Not like he had to leave. He was getting money and playing time. And he could have been a difference maker here.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login