Hope springs eternal..

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
I had a conversation recently with someone who'd seen spring practice. They informed me that our drought at QB is over and that Relf is, in fact, the real deal. No matter how often I reminded this person that our best QB play always happens between the months of March and August, their optimism was persistent.

yay.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
This happens every year.

Taite is better than Jordan
Wyatt is better than Taite
Madkin is better than Wyatt
Fant is better than Madkin
York is better than...nevermind
Conner is better than Fant
Henig is better than Conner
Riddell is better than Henig- both upstaged by Carroll
and now Garrett is better than Carroll.

Just about every QB that MSU has had with the exception of Ty Evans is supposed to be the "real deal". The problem is all of them have been the raw deal. Personally, I don't think Relf is going to be the answer, and Carroll should be the front runner until he loses the job. Plus, if Relf was the real deal, how come he didn't start over Carroll?

davatron

May 28, 2007
Xenomorph said:
our best QB play always happens between the months of March and August

This statement is so true. At this point, I'll have to go ahead and call ******** about this guy being the real deal. Maybe he'll prove me wrong, and I hope he does, but for now -- no <17>'ing way.
</p>

GOPdog

Jun 24, 2007
But he's got to understand Croom's 4 billion page WCO playbook...

Hopefully Chris can avoid becoming the next Tray Rutland.

FlabLoser

Aug 20, 2006
In pregame warmups, he looks like a man among boys standing next to our other QBs. I be he is Dontae Culpepper or Jamarcus Russel size.

Aug 30, 2006
I be he is Dontae Culpepper or Jamarcus Russel size.
Ha ha ha....holy hell, Bulldog Backer, have you hacked into someone else's account?

In pregame warmups, he looks like a man among boys standing next to our other QBs.
You posted right in your message why he looks so big. At LSU Jamarcus Russell was listed at 6'6" & 250 his SR year (if I remember correctly) but was probably a little heavier. Relf was listed last year at 6'3" & 211 (same ht & wt on official MSU site). Doubt that they shaved several inches and 30 or 40 pounds off him.

S

seawaterland

Looks 6'4' to 6'5'' range. But no way that young man wieghs 211#s. Check out the video on the swans board.

1MSUDawgFan

Feb 23, 2008
than most of the other QBs you have listed. He wasn't great by any stretch, but he didn't lose us the games. He kept us in it by not turning it over, ala Money Mike Henig.

RebelBruiser

Aug 21, 2007
You ever think that maybe the reason Relf looked so big is because he was standing next to Henig?

If you put me on the basketball floor with a bunch of midgets and an 8 foot goal, I'd look like Kenny George.

Aug 30, 2006
don't pay for access to his board. Still can't figure out why MSU would list him at 6'3" if he is really 6'4" or 6'5". Colleges generally exagerate in the other direction. Also, a guy that is 211 is probably going to look huge next to our other two QBs who are listed at under 200. He may have put on 10 pounds or so after a year, but I bet he still isn't anywhere close to Culpepper or J. Russell size.

futaba.79

Jun 4, 2007
it was on GP. Said he was 245, trying to lose down to 235.

I saw him around town and he looks like a LB. He could very well be 6'3 or 4 and weigh over 230.

LandArchDawg

Sep 14, 2003
3,999,999,998 of which are various runs up the middle. #3,999,999,999 is the one-yard short of first down incomplete pass play on 3rd down.

#4,000,000,000 is the pooch kick punt because you do not have a reliable FG kicker beyond 30 yards.

PineGroveBully

Nov 13, 2007
to Lance Long graduating. Waiting on Wesley Carroll to give Croom another play ala the QB keeper in the Liberty Bowl.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login