Hope the “Play Wright More” Crowd is Happy Now

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
Offense is rolling under Rogers, gave Wright a possession, and offense stalls. Stall continues under Rogers because they’re out of synch now.

Yes, Wright threw one decent pass that was dropped, but his other two were atrocious.

Also, Will’s arm getting hit on 3rd down was on the OL, not Will. Ball came out on time, but our RT got demolished so their DL was in Will’s face.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Offense is rolling under Rogers, gave Wright a possession, and offense stalls. Stall continues under Rogers because they’re out of synch now.

Yes, Wright threw one decent pass that was dropped, but his other two were atrocious.

Also, Will’s arm getting hit on 3rd down was on the OL, not Will. Ball came out on time, but our RT got demolished so their DL was in Will’s face.
Thank you Mrs Wright

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I don’t understand why this is so difficult for some. It’s not a situation where State has to select and move forward with one or the other

There are situations in which Will can be effective, and there are defenses that he has absolutely no chance against. We’ve seen it numerous times. All that most people are asking is that if you know that Will struggles against athletic defenses, and you brought in a transfer that brings speed and elusiveness to the table, how about possibly trying the second option at some point? Maybe it works and maybe it doesn’t, but one thing we know with certainty is that Rogers can’t handle LSU or Bama.

Oh, and for what it’s worth, I’m gonna let y’all in on another secret. That dominant LSU team from a few weeks back isn’t a CFP team. May not even be a top 20 team

Reactions: Anon1669338224

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
You’re welcome, dubmass

Your Idiotic post aside, is anything I said wrong?
Well, bad throws aside, mike wright did his job. Can’t blame a dropped pass on him

And I don’t think you can blame the offense being ****** on will coming back in or the offense being out of sync. We’re already bringing wright in regularly. Can’t really blame the false start on a different cadence or anything. Can’t blame the ****** run on 2nd and long on either qb. Our offense just isn’t good. If you’re going to blame a qb, the only qb you can blame is will but I really don’t think that’s on him unless you think the first throw should have gone somewhere else (looked like a pre snap read to me but no real clue).

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
Well, bad throws aside, mike wright did his job. Can’t blame a dropped pass on him

And I don’t think you can blame the offense being ****** on will coming back in or the offense being out of sync. We’re already bringing wright in regularly. Can’t really blame the false start on a different cadence or anything. Can’t blame the ****** run on 2nd and long on either qb. Our offense just isn’t good. If you’re going to blame a qb, the only qb you can blame is will but I really don’t think that’s on him unless you think the first throw should have gone somewhere else (looked like a pre snap read to me but no real clue).
Exactly right. There are situations where Wright > Rogers, but to think Wright is the better QB and should be starting over Rogers is ludicrous.

Reactions: paindonthurt

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I would say rogers has good days. Apparently wright can be a dual threat. He can pass. He had some good throws. Really only one bad one. Barbay needs to stop with the trick plays when we are moving the ball fine.

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
I would say rogers has good days. Apparently wright can be a dual threat. He can pass. He had some good throws. Really only one bad one. Barbay needs to stop with the trick plays when we are moving the ball fine.
2 terrible ones. The overthrow was obvious; the throw to the flat was at the receiver’s ankles.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Exactly right. There are situations where Wright > Rogers, but to think Wright is the better QB and should be starting over Rogers is ludicrous.
I don’t know if it’s ridiculous. Rogers and weight are both limited and it doesn’t seem like our offense is really geared to make the best of either of them. If we weren’t coming off three years in the air raid, I’d probably rather roll the dice with wright based on the little I’ve seen.

But that’s probably mainly just bc I’ve seen offenses work with qbs that are mediocre passers but good runners with the type of talent we can consistently get. If we’re not running the pure air raid, I just don’t know that we’re going to be able to make an offense work with a qb that isn’t a running threat at all.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
It certainly blew our momentum in my opinion. We all cried for it and now I wish we had not. We would be up another touchdown minimum

Reactions: TXDawg.sixpack

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
Rogers pump-faked Creed wide open on that TD pass.

He has the experience, defense reading skills, and a good enough arm (accuracy > arm strength) to run this offense if Barbay tailors it to him.

Unfortunately, as he showed with his one possession, Wright isn’t a ”dual threat” QB. He can’t consistently throw the ball accurately.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
I don’t understand why this is so difficult for some. It’s not a situation where State has to select and move forward with one or the other

There are situations in which Will can be effective, and there are defenses that he has absolutely no chance against. We’ve seen it numerous times. All that most people are asking is that if you know that Will struggles against athletic defenses, and you brought in a transfer that brings speed and elusiveness to the table, how about possibly trying the second option at some point? Maybe it works and maybe it doesn’t, but one thing we know with certainty is that Rogers can’t handle LSU or Bama.

Oh, and for what it’s worth, I’m gonna let y’all in on another secret. That dominant LSU team from a few weeks back isn’t a CFP team. May not even be a top 20 team
Yeah! All ya’ll now go stick that in your pipes and smoke it!

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
True, but it still should’ve been caught.
I agree. But it wasn’t a good pass. Every ball that Rogers put in the air in the first half was a better throw than that. And his first pass was one of the worst I’ve ever seen in a game from a QB above high school level. Putrid.

Reactions: TXDawg.sixpack

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

The pass wasn’t exactly dropped either. Hit his very outstretched hands and arms.

Attachments

• IMG_5864.jpeg
    IMG_5864.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5865.jpeg
    IMG_5865.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
Wright’s crappy pass on 3rd down would’ve been INT against a decent team…

Lucky we got the PF on the FG try…

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
How about that pass it was behind him. Rogers ain't throwing any better
Rogers is throwing a LOT better than Wright.

Part of the problem is giving Wright full possessions. Every time we have, the next possession has been flat.

I think it was Steve Spurrier who said “If you have 2 QB’s, you do t have any QB’s.”

the best we’ve looked is with Rogers being primary and Wright coming in for a couple of plays. Giving Wright full possessions destroys continuity and momentum.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login