Hopson tidbit ...

DovaDawg

Aug 28, 2007
The announcers on the McD AA game were discussing Hopson. One asked if it would be surprising for Hopson to stick to his commitment. The other stated "based on what we have heard around here this week, it would be surprising." He than went on to mumble something about how it could maybe happen.

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
I thought they said it could be possible for him to come to MSU.
They only listed MSU, UK & the Ville.
No meantion of Tenn.

I think the kind wants some more attention.
If you were a high school player why not take all your visits and get wined, dined & sixty-nined on them.
Whoever has the best ladies might win out.

Let's go MSU Roadrunners & Pom Squad..</p>

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
<h1>The Scotty Hopson saga</h1> <div class="body"> <div style="CLEAR: both"></div> If you have access to Scout.com, check out <span style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">Dave Telep's</span> Q&A session with University Heights standout <span style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">Scotty Hopson</span>. It's a very good read.

This Hopson situation is going to get interesting.

In the Telep piece, Hopson said the schools that are on his main list right now are "Mississippi State of course, Tennessee, Texas a little bit. A little on Kentucky. Louisville is in the mix."

Hopson continues to say there's no leader and I have been told this list could change a bit. Several folks told me last week the latest addition could be Georgia, but now it appears Texas was that team that found its way onto the list.

Texas might be a little too far away for Scotty, but <span style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">Rick Barnes</span> is trying to use his familiarity card with University Heights. He coached former UHA star <span style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">Greg Buckner</span> at Clemson.

The only thing I know for sure with the Hopson recruitment process is that you never know what might be coming next. And if someone tells you they do, well just don't listen.

It should be a fun few weeks.

Oh and by the way, Hopson is REALLY good. A nice smooth eight points in the first half of the McDonald's All-American game.

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/demling/blog.html
</div>

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login