Horns Down...

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
I can almost guarantee you that flashing “horns down” will become a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty in SEC games.

Just like UMiss defense can flash the “Landshark” sign after a big play but it’s a penalty if anyone else does it to them.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Texas A&M says hold my beer on the "silly hand signals".

Just wait until you go to a game in Austin. There's this large group of guys that comes out of the stands with their significant others right before halftime in their starched Wranglers, shiny boots, big belt buckles and they go and pick up a pair of cowboy chaps from a table w/ a bunch of boxes on it. They put the chaps on, stand around in the endzone, take the chaps off, and go back in the bleachers for the 2nd half. I've been to 2 games there and they did it both times, strangest thing I've ever seen other than the Milk Men in White.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
The “horns down” thing has always fascinated me. Way back when USM went to Omaha, Texas was there as well. I was walking through Rosenblatt with my buddy Jack, who was a mountain of a man at the time. We came upon 4 UT fans, younger looking frat boy types, who were having a good time, being a bit loud, and flashing the “horns up” to everybody. My buddy goes, “Watch this.” So as we’re walking by them, he’s smiling and giving them the horns up sign, then he just deadpans and lets his wrist go limp. They went ballistic. I swear a couple of them were close to crying, and they all threatened to fight him (something that none of them would’ve done). The whole thing is bizarre to me. I think they would’ve been less offended if he had told them he was 17ing all their moms.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
If "horns down" becomes unsportsmanlike, then teams other than UF doing a gator chomp will be too. It really irritates their fans.

I think, or maybe just hope, that Texas will be in for a rude awakening in the SEC. Due to their money and fan base, Texas basically made the rules in the SWC and BIG 12. The SEC schools are unlikely to go along with some of their preferences.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
Live in TX and both schools do some of the silliest stuff. It even permeates the high schools where the students try to copy what TX or A&M do. It's goofy but they have a lot more school spirit than we ever did when I was growing up.....of course our football team at the time won like 20 games over a decade.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Wait til they find out about the hand signal I like to give ole miss...

View attachment 510986
mister rogers middle finger GIF
I 2nd that emotion.............

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I dunno drebin, this looks amateur & sloppy. I like the no-doubt crispness of Johnny's presentation.
I don't know. To me, it shows:

- Amazing dexterity. He's able to flip the bird while maintaining cowbell discipline
- Incredible focus. He's not allowing the eye candy around him distract himself from getting his point across
- Serious commitment. He's leaving the foolish dude hanging who's trying to give him a high five - he doesn't have time for that nonsense

Not to mention, this dude is one of us. Says what we feel, and obviously eats how we eat. Insert pot/kettle gif.

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
I don’t mind people throwing it when they play Texas. What’s ridiculous is when I went to college station for our beat down in November anytime they showed an A&M fan on the Jumbotron they threw horns down.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I don’t mind people throwing it when they play Texas. What’s ridiculous is when I went to college station for our beat down in November anytime they showed an A&M fan on the Jumbotron they threw horns down.

Kind of like any time the National Anthem is played @ any MSU sporting event, you hear "Go To Hell Ole Miss"? Not that there's anything wrong w/ that........

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
Kind of like any time the National Anthem is played @ any MSU sporting event, you hear "Go To Hell Ole Miss"? Not that there's anything wrong w/ that........
That’s different (I think) we’ve actually played since 2011

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
If "horns down" becomes unsportsmanlike, then teams other than UF doing a gator chomp will be too. It really irritates their fans.

I think, or maybe just hope, that Texas will be in for a rude awakening in the SEC. Due to their money and fan base, Texas basically made the rules in the SWC and BIG 12. The SEC schools are unlikely to go along with some of their preferences.
If Texas wants to go full-p*ssy willow on us over ‘horns down’ they shouldn’t join the SEC. Grow a pair!!

Reactions: Anon1697564126
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login