How am I supposed to process this loss?

1993DawgAlum

Dec 30, 2018
1. An anomaly that happens every 60 years
2. We are the worst team in the SEC and it’s not even close
3. We gave up 2 weeks ago and the entire roster is due for an overhaul.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Might as well let them "date" our players girlfriends at this point. I guess that's what real men do

1993DawgAlum

Dec 30, 2018
And, of course, how could I forget…..
4. That’s baseball.

But seriously, even KP was at loss for words. I think he genuinely felt bad for the team, the fans, and the university. That should never happen.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
The dead Indians at Scott Field are extracting their price for last year. Here is the way I look at it. I see baseball as a bonus sport, kind of like women's basketball. Football and Men's basketball are the only two sports that really matter nationally. I absolutely enjoy when we win at bonus sports like baseball. I don't get bent out of shape when we lose at them. Our coach at one of the sports that matter, "retired" last year. The other one when he loses to Ole Miss next year will be run off. He never should have been hired. The REAL problem is is his boss.

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
1. An anomaly that happens every 60 years
2. We are the worst team in the SEC and it’s not even close
3. We gave up 2 weeks ago and the entire roster is due for an overhaul.

Saturday game against Mizzou was a major let down, Sunday’s walk off was the death nail, been on this spiral ever since.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
In 50 years, I have never walked out on the Dawgs in the middle of the game. I did last night. We weren’t good batting practice pitchers.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I swaddled myself in my crimpson 2021 national championship tshirt from fanatics and did the same.

tcdog70

Sep 24, 2012
the sad thing is we have 5 starters back and Yeager and Clark--from a National Championship Team and have looked like ****--so I'm saying it is the Coaching that has really sucked.

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
The dead Indians at Scott Field are extracting their price for last year. Here is the way I look at it. I see baseball as a bonus sport, kind of like women's basketball. Football and Men's basketball are the only two sports that really matter nationally. I absolutely enjoy when we win at bonus sports like baseball. I don't get bent out of shape when we lose at them. Our coach at one of the sports that matter, "retired" last year. The other one when he loses to Ole Miss next year will be run off. He never should have been hired. The REAL problem is is his boss.

I'm still trying to process this post. Did you just call baseball a "bonus sport"? And did you then compare it to Women's Basketball?

I can't move forward on this Maroon Friday without calling attention to this.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Clark was a starter at the end of the season. They had to replace Rowdey, Allen, and Dubrule and upgraded majorly over Dubrule. State scored 4 or fewer runs in 12 SEC games last season. They at 12 right now and could be looking at 14. Last season they went 5-7 in SEC games where they scored 4 or fewer runs. State is 0-12 in SEC games this season when scoring 4 or fewer runs. State averaged 5.8 runs a game in SEC play last year and are averaging 5.6 this year. We can talk all we want about how our hitters haven't stepped up, but those state show you that hitting isn't the reason we are where we are. Yes, there are games where they sucked it up big time, but pitching hasn't one them a single game during SEC play when the bats are cold this year. Not one game.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I cannot fathom not being able to find a single decent arm in recruiting. It's baffling. We do not have one SEC weekend starter this year. All other teams have 2-4. Or at least 1 ace.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
I cannot fathom not being able to find a single decent arm in recruiting. It's baffling. We do not have one SEC weekend starter this year. All other teams have 2-4. Or at least 1 ace.
Brandon Smith is a midweek guy. Cade Smith is an average Sunday guy. That’s it. We don’t even have midweek starters.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login