How are we still ranked at 6-6?

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Because we are a good baseball team. Let's all just step away from the ledge for now. Everyone had to expect a drop off in the short term because we lost some guys not easily replaced. We were never going to be a top five team this year. But we will get better as the season goes on and some of these young guys get their feet wet.

Pitching is a concern, but we have a lot to work with. Sims is a big loss. Once we start scoring more runs, it will be a little bit less of an issue. I'll feel better when we figure out what's going on with Hunt and we have someone step up in the back end of the pen.

If haven't settled into a more reliable rotation and bullpen usage pattern by the time conference play happens, I'll join everyone else on the ledge. But a baseball season is a journey and there are many obstacles along the way.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Agreed. I still think we'll be a very competitive team at the season's end and make a run in the tournament.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Not sure we're top 25 good this year. I'm hoping we're top 40 good.

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
On paper, this team is elite. Even without Sims this team should be really good, hosting a regional, and playing well when it matters.

We just have vaginal issues on the mound. Get them ready Fox.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
It may not look like it right now but we still have a top 25 team. They have a lot of holes to plug up after losing some key talent from last year's team had its magnificent national championship run but we're still a good baseball team. We could be in the top 16 host regional we just gotta have some pitching step forward. Overall we were not a plug and play team this year we're gonna have to find some answers to a few pertinent questions about the team

Last edited:

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Not directed at anyone in particular but take the maroon glasses off for awhile and let your eyes adjust. Our opponents are cumulative 28-33, obviously 5 games below .500 and we are at .500 against that competition. 2 of those teams (Grambling and UAPB) are a combined 2-15. Long Beach St is 4-6, N KY 4-7. USM and Tulane account for 18 of our opponents victories. We aren't a good pitching or hitting team right now and have no business being ranked at this time.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Our opponents are highly motivated to play us. Means they had their TV's on last June.

Not too high. Not too low. Goes for the fans as well as the players

DAWGS1.sixpack

Feb 15, 2007
Because we are a good baseball team. Let's all just step away from the ledge for now. Everyone had to expect a drop off in the short term because we lost some guys not easily replaced. We were never going to be a top five team this year. But we will get better as the season goes on and some of these young guys get their feet wet.

Pitching is a concern, but we have a lot to work with. Sims is a big loss. Once we start scoring more runs, it will be a little bit less of an issue. I'll feel better when we figure out what's going on with Hunt and we have someone step up in the back end of the pen.

If haven't settled into a more reliable rotation and bullpen usage pattern by the time conference play happens, I'll join everyone else on the ledge. But a baseball season is a journey and there are many obstacles along the way.
We are not a good baseball team right now.
We may get there and hopefully sooner than later but you obviously have not watched us very closely.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
We are not a good baseball team right now.
We may get there and hopefully sooner than later but you obviously have not watched us very closely.

Yeah I don't see what some have seen to put us at a top 25 program outside of Friday night we have not played well at all. I just don't see a top 25 team. There may be potential there but right now I don't see it and potentially and actually are not the same thing

patdog

May 28, 2007
We're 2-5 against teams that even have a pulse, and managed to lose one against a team that doesn't. We're definitely not still ranked based on our performance so far this year.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Generally speaking, I'm dubious about early season rankings. Despite the fact that we are free-falling, we are still defending national champs, so that probably keeps us there -- some form of respect from the voters.

Let us continue playing .500 in the next week, and we'll fall out of the T25.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
I agree...All I am saying is that we cannot play .500 ball (or worse) and....

We are biznes

...expect to continue to remain in the T25. I want us to win because I think we are better than what we've have shown so far.

BUT...if recent history (7-6 now) is an indicator of future success....well...you know the rest

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login