How cool is this. Fly-over at Friday's Lions - Chiefs game

SchrodingersDawg

Sep 15, 2020
My daughter was a Kilgore Rangerette for a couple years several years back. We went up for homecoming one year and they had a B52 out of Barksdale AFB do a flyover. That was the most impressive flyover I have ever experienced. Though I will admit I was not as expressive of my awe as the guy in that video.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
How many hundreds of times have those 17ing things been assumed to be alien technology??

And that national anthem was not a favorite of mine.

DawgsGoneWild

Sep 25, 2012
My daughter was a Kilgore Rangerette for a couple years several years back. We went up for homecoming one year and they had a B52 out of Barksdale AFB do a flyover. That was the most impressive flyover I have ever experienced. Though I will admit I was not as expressive of my awe as the guy in that video.
My office is right past the runway at barksdale. We get that flyover all day every day. Its really cool but loud AF when your trying to talk on the phone

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Saw one do the flyover at Talladega, would have been back early 2000s. Pretty cool. Seems like I remember it being really quiet until it got directly overhead, then sounded like a normal jet. But coming in you really couldn’t hear it

Bobby Ricigliano

Jul 27, 2011
Saw one do the flyover at Talladega, would have been back early 2000s. Pretty cool. Seems like I remember it being really quiet until it got directly overhead, then sounded like a normal jet. But coming in you really couldn’t hear it
I was there for that too. A B-52 did the Saturday flyover that weekend.

Reactions: kired

patdog

May 28, 2007
Saw one flyover at one of the air shows they used to have at JAN about 25 years ago. It’s an awesome experience. Coming in, its front profile is so small it’s hard to see & is completely quiet. Even overhead it’s more of a whoosh sound that a typical jet.

Reactions: TaleofTwoDogs

msubrave

Nov 17, 2015
They're based out of Whiteman AFB in Missouri. They are not quiet at all going away from you. They fly A10s there too and it's a fun day when you're on the airfield and they're all flying.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
My office is right past the runway at barksdale. We get that flyover all day every day. Its really cool but loud AF when your trying to talk on the phone
I spent 1991 at Barksdale. Loved the area. Bossier City was a lot like towns in the 'Sip, but with a little wilder Canjun influence. Almost stayed, but came back home for college.

Lowdog

Jan 1, 2019
A guy I went to high school with and State together which is now deceased was a pilot of B-52 and graduated from State.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
In a war, if it flys over you are probably dead so you will never hear it on the back side either.

willi13

Sep 24, 2003
Nothing better than watching the FedEx flyovers from the porch in Orange Mound

DawgsGoneWild

Sep 25, 2012
I spent 1991 at Barksdale. Loved the area. Bossier City was a lot like towns in the 'Sip, but with a little wilder Canjun influence. Almost stayed, but came back home for college.
Shreveport is a dump now. Very similar to Jackson. Bossier city is ok. Getting better. Drew Brees built a cool place, Surge. Laser tag, golf simulators, bar, etc. margaritaville is about to build a really cool golf area. Nine hole par 3 course and other stuff. It’s getting better but i would t recommend living here. We moved to Marshall, tx about two years ago to get out of the crime ridden town

DawgsGoneWild

Sep 25, 2012
I’ll get some cool videos and post Monday. They fly about 100 yards over my building to land. It’s all day. I like watching all the other cool jets and planes land. Really cool

Reactions: She Mate Me

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Shreveport is a dump now. Very similar to Jackson. Bossier city is ok. Getting better. Drew Brees built a cool place, Surge. Laser tag, golf simulators, bar, etc. margaritaville is about to build a really cool golf area. Nine hole par 3 course and other stuff. It’s getting better but i would t recommend living here. We moved to Marshall, tx about two years ago to get out of the crime ridden town
Could you send me a PM about that area? We are considering moving there.

Palos verdes

Aug 22, 2012
I've seen a 3 ship of F-4s with one pulling vertical (1980s), C-17, T-38, EA-6B, E-2C, T-6, AT-6, and MSU's Stearman flyovers at DWS.

In the old days they flew much lower.

biodawg

Mar 3, 2008
That shi+ was low and loud and screaming. Nearly shi+ my draws.
Friend of my dad had season tickets at LSU on the top row of the south EZ of Tiger Stadium before they bowled in the upper deck. It may have been the 07(?) Auburn game when Miles made the boneheaded move and ran the play with like less than a second left on the clock. They got away with it and won on a last second pass. Anyway, the flyover at that game was some sort of fighter jet and when he came over, he had the afterburners on. I heard nothing but static for the first half. I have to believe that pilot got some sort of reprimand for that lol.

Reactions: SchrodingersDawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login