How difficult will it be?

Mud84

Oct 14, 2012
One thing i was just thinking about as far as him being OC and HC.

How big of a change will this be for him with calling plays? He is used to seeing the defense from the box to now having to do it at field level. I'm not a very versed guy on "Box OCs vs Field level OCs"

Last edited:

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022

How big of a change will this be for him with calling plays? He is used to seeing the defense from the box to now having to do it at field level. I'm not a very versed guy on "Box OCs vs Field level OCs"
There’s positives and negatives on both sides. In the box you get a full view of the defense but you also miss out on being able to look your QBs and OL in the eyes and read the situation on a play by play basis.

Has he always coached from the box? If so, it will be an adjustment. But as long as he has guys in the box that he trusts to give him the info he needs, then I doubt it will make much of a difference.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Yeah and that was Don's first game as a stand in OC. He was QB coach prior to that at Utah. The OC has just left

Other Kind

Oct 15, 2022

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022

There's probably going to be an OC and Lebby will call plays. A blindfolded mute could call plays better than Barbay.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008

Leach called plays ...from the sideline.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login