How do we gameplan Oregon?

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
I am concerned that Stans will go zone and they beat us with the three ball.
We need to man up and play some tight defense on them.

I am pretty sure Oregon will zone us, especially with the way we have been shooting...
We need to work on some plays to get the ball to Rhodes early and often.
If J-money plays well we win..

Who will be the RAT?
Porter
Lvenen
Longnire from MS?

What you guys think?
I have watched the Ducks several times and they can shoot from downtown.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
Defense
Rebounding
Play in the paint

We did poorly in all 3 areas this past weekend and it nearly got us beat Friday night and did get us beat the next night. We need to work it into the paint, both to our frontcourt in post up situations and by driving to the bakset with our backcourt, specifically Gordon. We do not need to jack up 20 3s unless our shooters happen to catch fire. We need to be selective when shooting from the outside. Work it inside, rebound, defend, play our game. We will need well rounded efforts to win one game, much less two this weekend. Hopefully we'll see a completely different team from the one we saw in Atlanta. The team that won 12 SEC games can be a tough team to face in the Big Dance.</p>

Eureka Dog

Feb 25, 2008
2. Remind team we're NOT playing UPig
3. The gameplan for the perimeter defense has to be the same used for Vandy, except, of course, we have to play the perimeter defense a tad better.
4. Stans may have to sub Ravern for Hans more often than normal if the tall (6'9" ?) Scandinavian player finds his range from 3 pt. land.
5. Issue sunglasses if UDuck breaks out the YELLOW unis.
6. Again, remind team that we are NOT playing UPig in Fayetteville. Thus, it is okay to play a good game.

Mar 3, 2008
This kid Lunnen (sp) looks to be a great outside shooter and is 6'9". Looks like someone else is poised to have a career game against MSU. We can't trade 2s for 3s and with the way our outside shooting has been sucking and the fact that in the last two games we have let the opponent dictate the pace of the game, I'm not too optimistic. I feel like this team is imploding and playing their worst bball right now. Our scoring is way down, shot selection is terrible, and rebounding has been very poor (of course, I base this on this past weekend w/ Hendrix and Jackson killing us on the off. glass). Expecting to go one and done unless this team rediscovers themselves.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login