How do you handle...

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
How do you handle a Dawg being drafted by your hated teams?

I freaking hate the Phillies and the Mets ( obviously Braves fan). So tell me, how do you deal with it?

I,personally, root for them to do great in the minors so they are trade bait to any team I don't hate.

NFL-wise, meh, I don't consider myself a diehard anything anymore. I was a Dolphins fan during the Marino/Shula days so still kind of root for them. I was born in GA and jumped on the Deion craze but I couldn't name 1 player on their team right now.

However, I root for the cowboys strictly because of Dak. I hated them growing up because it was my brother's favorite team (only reason).

just a thought as I watched several bulldogs drafted by the Phillies and Mets.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Simple answer: If you like college sports, don’t hate the pros. Just be happy that the players you like at State have a chance to make it to MLB, NBA, and the NFL.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Where a player from State gets drafted or makes it to the pros is irrelevant to me with regards to the pro teams. If they play for a team I like, awesome, if not then oh well. I wish them the best but I’m not changing my rooting interests because of one person.

I still hate the Cowboys no matter if Dak is there or not. I know that causes some pearl clutching but that’s just how I look at it.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010

I freaking hate the Phillies and the Mets ( obviously Braves fan). So tell me, how do you deal with it?

I,personally, root for them to do great in the minors so they are trade bait to any team I don't hate.

NFL-wise, meh, I don't consider myself a diehard anything anymore. I was a Dolphins fan during the Marino/Shula days so still kind of root for them. I was born in GA and jumped on the Deion craze but I couldn't name 1 player on their team right now.

However, I root for the cowboys strictly because of Dak. I hated them growing up because it was my brother's favorite team (only reason).

Same feelings here, but I don’t hate them if they make it to the big show with a team I don’t like. I hate myself for previously cheering for someone with such low moral fiber.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Simple answer: If you like college sports, don’t hate the pros. Just be happy that the players you like at State have a chance to make it to MLB, NBA, and the NFL.
Right. It's tough to root for specific teams in one or the other, if you get wrapped up in players too.

Me personally, it's MSU. Then I root for all our players in the pros, mainly because it helps MSU. My kid is the opposite, he's a Chiefs fan first and foremost, doesn't matter to him where the players come from.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Right. It's tough to root for specific teams in one or the other, if you get wrapped up in players too.

Me personally, it's MSU. Then I root for all our players in the pros, mainly because it helps MSU. My kid is the opposite, he's a Chiefs fan first and foremost, doesn't matter to him where the players come from.
I know that’s hard especially if you’re a big State fan to separate the two but it’s what you have to do if you have an NFL team you follow. I guess it’s easier for me because I was a 49er fan long before I was a State fan (I didn’t really start following State until I was in high school when I decided I was going there.)

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
You cheer for the player and hope he adds success to the team as long as it doesn’t adversely affect your team. If the players team is playing your team you hope he gets a couple of hits , walks once, and makes a top ten worthy play in the field all while the rest of the team gives up three homers, commits five errors, and bats .000!

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008

It's a process and it may not ever result in you supporting their team. Depends on the player and the team. The better a person the player is, the more you can get past it.

Villagedawg

Nov 16, 2005

Simple. I don’t care enough about the pros to hate any team in any sport.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login