How important is it for Bama to beat OM?

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
If OM wins out (bama, ark, and us - not likely, but entirely possible), are they in the CFP?

What if LSU wins out, then loses to UGA in the SEC Championship. You've got Tennessee and OM at one loss -- UGA undefeated. If that happens, would the CFP committee put in a one loss UT and OM in before TCU? I think they would. OM would likely be a higher seed than Tennessee. And TCU is at Texas and Baylor. And the Cyclones haven't pulled off their big upset this year - so TCU may not end up undefeated.

Would the Committee put Ohio State and Michigan both in after one of them has a late season loss to the other?

Not gonna lie, I'd love to see a one loss OM team get left out of the CFP --- since it doesn't feel like we've got that much of a chance to beat them this year.

But to be safe, O'Brien and Golding better not 17 it up in Oxford this weekend.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Bama wins lsu basically has a pretty good shot of making sec championship barring disaster and ole miss is shut out. Ole miss wins and lsu loses ole miss is in the drivers seat.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
If OM wins out (bama, ark, and us - not likely, but entirely possible), are they in the CFP?

What if LSU wins out, then loses to UGA in the SEC Championship. You've got Tennessee and OM at one loss -- UGA undefeated. If that happens, would the CFP committee put in a one loss UT and OM in before TCU? I think they would. OM would likely be a higher seed than Tennessee. And TCU is at Texas and Baylor. And the Cyclones haven't pulled off their big upset this year - so TCU may not end up undefeated.

Would the Committee put Ohio State and Michigan both in after one of them has a late season loss to the other?

Not gonna lie, I'd love to see a one loss OM team get left out of the CFP --- since it doesn't feel like we've got that much of a chance to beat them this year.

They aren't putting 3 SEC teams in. Assuming LSU and UGA make it to the SEC Championship and UM and UT winout:

If UGA wins the SEC championship game, UGA is obviously in the playoffs and I think UT makes it on the logic that their loss was to an undefeated team on the road. Plus they would be the team to get the nod as an almost blue blood.

If LSU beats UGA, it's a lot weirder, but I think LSU goes even though they have two losses? Just don't know how the winner of the SEC gets left out. I think the justification for getting in with two losses will be that they had a bad loss while they were going through a coaching change and they are just much better at the end of the year than the beginning. I don't know who gets the nod at that point between UGA and UT and UM. Is it UGA because they were undefeated in the regular season and losing to a good team in a post season shouldn't hurt you compared to the team sitting at hom? Or s it UT on the basis that they beat LSU and only lost on the road at UGA?

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Ole Miss would also have to win the SECCG to make the playoff, even if they won out. Ain’t happening.

If LSU wins out and loses to UGA, your two SEC teams are UGA and Tennessee (provided that they win out). No way in hell that a 1-loss OM would get in over a 1-loss Tennessee if neither makes Atlanta. The East is stronger than the West this year, and Tennessee has them beat on schedule strength by a substantial margin. Don’t forget that Tennessee absolutely beat the brakes off of LSU in Baton Rouge just a few weeks ago.

Ohio State and Michigan, who knows. I think both will likely deserve to be in over TCU, as will two one-loss SEC teams. And TCU still has quite a ways to go to finish 13-0.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Don't kid yourself. Mississippi will be double digit favorites in their last 2 games. And will probably win both.

That is pretty unlikely. LSU is currently sitting at -3 for this weekend’s game at Arkansas. Really hard to see OM being favored by 7 more points than that. That one will be pretty close to a pick-em or may even have Arkansas favored.

Egg Bowl - they’ll be favored by 3 to 7 points. I agree they probably will win….but no way Vegas sets a double digit line either way for that one unless there’s a major injury on one side.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
They aren't putting 3 SEC teams in.

Agreed. Michigan and Ohio State are both too good and too visible for the CFP to consider 3 SEC teams over the loser of that game.

Right now, I think the top 4 tonight will be:
1. UGA
2. Ohio State
3. Michigan
4. TCU

I think TCU is out with any loss. They're in if they win out, but their schedule was Charmin soft and they're not a name brand, so the committee is going to look for any excuse to leave them out.

UGA can lose the SEC Championship game and still get in I think.
If LSU wins out and beats UGA, they'll be the first ever 2 loss team to get into the CFP.

I think for Ole Miss to get into the CFP:
1. They have to win out.
2. TCU has to lose.
3. LSU has to lose.
4. Michigan or Ohio State have to lose twice.
5. Clemson has to lose.
6. Oregon or USC have to lose twice.

Beating Bama alone isn't enough to get them in, even if they win out. Beating Bama is still something, but it's not what it was 4 weeks ago.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
If LSU wins out and loses to UGA, your two SEC teams are UGA and Tennessee (provided that they win out). No way in hell that a 1-loss OM would get in over a 1-loss Tennessee if neither makes Atlanta. The East is stronger than the West this year, and Tennessee has them beat on schedule strength by a substantial margin. Don’t forget that Tennessee absolutely beat the brakes off of LSU in Baton Rouge just a few weeks ago.
I forgot about Tennessee. adding:
7. Tennessee has to lose.

woozman

Nov 13, 2004

If LSU wins out and doesn’t get blown out in the SEC championship game, then they get in with GA. No way they take 3 SEC teams so TN and OM are SOL.

Secondly, OM is going to get beat like a drum this weekend. They are decent, but they have not played a good team except LSU, who beat their a$$… and a decent team (KY) that they barely beat…

FourthStringPunter

Oct 16, 2022
When my two least favorite teams play I don’t care who loses. Personally I’d enjoy beating them on Thanksgiving night to keep them from going to Atlanta.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Bama will have a new DC and a new OC next year! Count on it.

Bama tried to hire Freeze, but the SEC "talked" them out of it. I would not doubt Saban attempting to do that again. And if not Freeze, look for the OC from TCU.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Not important, but I'd certainly prefer it. Silver lining to them winning is that I'm pretty confident that LSU wins out. A 1 loss season not resulting in an ATL trip would eat them up. I'm cool with that schadenfreude.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
Bama will have a new DC and a new OC next year! Count on it.

Bama tried to hire Freeze, but the SEC "talked" them out of it. I would not doubt Saban attempting to do that again. And if not Freeze, look for the OC from TCU.
You dumbass, Freeze is making $5 MM a year at Liberty, and they can go as high as they need to. He isn't going to take an OC job at Bama. His next stop is a upper tier Power 5 school. If he even chooses to leave Liberty.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
You dumbass, Freeze is making $5 MM a year at Liberty, and they can go as high as they need to. He isn't going to take an OC job at Bama. His next stop is a upper tier Power 5 school. If he even chooses to leave Liberty.
Paying Freeze isn't a problem for Bama. They paid Sarkisian over 2.5 million before he left for TX.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Paying Freeze isn't a problem for Bama. They paid Sarkisian over 2.5 million before he left for TX.
To be clear, you think these two things could happen:
1. Bama is going to be pay upwards of $6 Million/year for an Offensive Coordinator.
2. Hugh Freeze is going to quit his cushy head coaching gig making $5 Million/year with free reigns to run the program as he sees fit to take the 'rehab' gig at Bama and get yelled at by Saban.

That's a pretty bold prediction.

campshelbydog1116

Oct 27, 2022
Don't kid yourself. Mississippi will be double digit favorites in their last 2 games. And will probably win both.
Ole Miss is currently a 4.5 point favorite in future odds against us. This idea that they are some awesome team isn’t based in reality. The only good team they have played beat them by 30 points and this weekend will be another *** kicking for them. They got Kentucky at home and played Vandy instead of Georgia and have not played Alabama yet. That is the difference in their season and ours. All these people losing their minds over their wins against a bunch of mediocre sec bottom dwellers need to chill out.

Clay Lyle

Sep 30, 2022
I’m sorry but from a lot of the things you have posted in the last couple of weeks, I’m starting to believe that you may be in high school.

No active head coach in D1 football is going to leave their job to be an assistant for any amount of money. It especially won’t be done by a head coach getting power 5 money in a small conference.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login