How is it possible to get....

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
This is a legit question that makes me sad and angry. Something has to change. One way or the other. I hope proper A$$ Chewings and Demands are part of Selmon's Resume.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

Thebulldogcountry1

Nov 6, 2022
The NC team essentially managed itself. My wife thought I was psychic because I could call every pitching change, pinch hitter, pinch runner, defensive sub, etc. before it happened. It was just predictable because everyone had a defined role. Players executed when they got their opportunities.

The 2019-2021 teams were all just locked in. They weren’t the most talented teams, but they were tough and disciplined. I really enjoyed watching them take pre-game infield because they were like a machine.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
The NC team essentially managed itself. My wife thought I was psychic because I could call every pitching change, pinch hitter, pinch runner, defensive sub, etc. before it happened. It was just predictable because everyone had a defined role. Players executed when they got their opportunities.

The 2019-2021 teams were all just locked in. They weren’t the most talented teams, but they were tough and disciplined. I really enjoyed watching them take pre-game infield because they were like a machine.
Interesting take, and I think you’re right. I felt like a psychic myself because I called and agreed with just about every coaching move those two years, but it’s probably because the defined roles made it not hard for anyone to know what the next move should be.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
Did we have such a loaded team when Lemonis showed up that even he could win a Natty?
Jake Mangum had as much to do with winning that Natty as Lemonis. Jake pretty much was the leader and coach of that team when Cohen left for the AD position. He was the glue that kept those teams together for 3 seasons. Jake's leadership carried over to the 21 team with players like T Allen and R Jordan taking over. There has not been a single player step up and lead the team since 2021. None of the guys left from the Natty team have looked like any kind of leader in 22 or 23.

Msuirondawgs

Mar 18, 2023
Jake Mangum had as much to do with winning that Natty as Lemonis. Jake pretty much was the leader and coach of that team when Cohen left for the AD position. He was the glue that kept those teams together for 3 seasons. Jake's leadership carried over to the 21 team with players like T Allen and R Jordan taking over. There has not been a single player step up and lead the team since 2021. None of the guys left from the Natty team have looked like any kind of leader in 22 or 23.
1000% spot on assessment

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
this bad in baseball at MSU right now? Did we have such a loaded team when Lemonis showed up that even he could win a Natty? I'm hoping for improvement and think we'll wait until the season is over but this is looking bad.
Cann and Cohen had recruited at an elite level. sLem just managed what he had. He’s not been able to take his own players and make anything work. He’s not a good basebal coach, and it shouldn’t be a surprise…. He was an unknown, and not the “Omaha legend” the intense bastard “promised”.

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
Cann and Cohen had recruited at an elite level. sLem just managed what he had. He’s not been able to take his own players and make anything work. He’s not a good basebal coach, and it shouldn’t be a surprise…. He was an unknown, and not the “Omaha legend” the intense bastard “promised”.
While Cann was an inexperienced coach, he was an elite talent evaluator and hitting coach

when he got here, I thought if nothing else the team would look like they would beat your ***, because they looked like they worked out and were conditioned instead of Sunday beer league softies like the team had in years past

Reactions: eckie1

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
While Cann was an inexperienced coach, he was an elite talent evaluator and hitting coach

when he got here, I thought if nothing else the team would look like they would beat your ***, because they looked like they worked out and were conditioned instead of Sunday beer league softies like the team had in years past
Andy Cannizaro did almost nothing for
Our program except get us Tanner Allen.

Reactions: Perd Hapley

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Speaking of Lem's coaching decisions, I always thought he should have let Bednar come out for just one more pitch before pulling him for Sims. Let the fans show some appreciation for that amazing performance as he walked back to the dugout.
Nah, too risky. What I will always remember Bednar for other than his lights out pitching is throwing the horns down as he walked off the mound against Texas.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
That’s pretty strong, though. I mean TA went to 3 straight CWS. And played a major role each time.
But it didn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out TA was a good player. Cann was an absolute joke

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
BINGO!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login